- "An advanced form of Fulmination that envelops the user in a more powerful and wider-ranged bolt of lighting."
An advanced form of Fulmination with a larger radius of effect, and a more powerful electrical charge.
Notes, Usage and tactics
|High Fulmination||~5 secs|
- The Fulmination spells inflict lightning based magic damage to any foe within the radius of effect. The lightning damage has low knockdown and high stagger properties.
- When either light or heavy attack button is pressed (hold) the caster will raise their staff into the air allowing the lightning to chain to other party members electrifying them. They then do electrical damage to any foe in contact with them, and their weapons also deal electrical damage.
- If the caster is hit or staggered such as by a wind buffet, the spell casting will end; otherwise casting ends when stamina is wholly depleted or can be prematurely ended by pressing 'jump'.
- The caster can slowly pace around the battlefield with the spell active. When chain lightning is activated, movement is not possible.
- If used to cast the spell, suitable and upgraded Golden Weapons, Aneled Weapons, or Rusted Weapons will inflict their respective debilitations. Furthermore, any pawns striking foes whilst electrified via fulmination can also inflict the archistaff's debilition.
- All Fulmination spells work with group spellcasting.
- Try to first fully charge the spell from outside the combat zone, then walk toward enemies and unleash the spell. Once cast the stagger effect should mitigate the likelihood of interruption.
- The Wyrmking's Ring and or the augment Articulacy will reduce the casting time.
- Stability prevents interruption of the spell from wind stagger from wing flapping.
- Equipping an Ogre Bone ring or other stagger resistant equipment will also help prevent interruption from staggering.
- Conservation reduces stamina use and should extend the time the spell can be cast.
- Especially useful with climbing members of the party in combination with the chain lightning effect
- Spell duration can be extended using stamina-restorative curatives.
- Like other powerful spells, Fulmination will loosen ore deposits, causing ore to fall to the ground as a rapid mining method.
- The length of time a pawn will use High Fulmination is determined by its stamina pool; the larger the stamina stat, the longer the pawn is capable of maintaining the spell. This can be artificially and indefinitely lengthened by 'feeding' the pawn Mushroom Potage to replenish its stamina.
- If cast by pawn(s), the spell can trigger a Mystic Knight's Great Cannon sigils. Fulmination will fire the Great Cannon without further action from the Mystic Knight until the sigil expires.