"An advanced form of Grapnel that uses dark magick to bind even large foes for an extended period of time."
- An advanced version of Grapnel.
- Holding a large enemy in place is useful to buy time for Mystic Knights (Holy Furor or Stone Forest), Warriors (Arc of Deliverance), Rangers (Great Gamble or Reaper's Arrow), and Sorcerers (Gicel, Maelstrom, Seism, Bolide) to charge powerful attacks.
- This spell will temporarily hold groups of small enemies like Hobgoblins, and even large enemies like Gorecyclops (Condemned), Dragons (including Cursed Dragons) and Daimon (first form can be held with one Mage, second form is easier to hold with two Mages).
- Foes caught in the tendrils of High Grapnel are also prevented from spellcasting, roaring, and attacking.
- Equipping this spell to a Mage pawn (with no other spells enabled) and a Legion's Might staff will help ensure that the pawn continually holds an enemy in place in major battles while the rest of the party heals or attacks (like against the Drake in Devilfire Grove or the prisoner Gorecyclops in the Midnight Helix).
- Grapnel and High Grapnel are similar in effect to the Fighter, Warrior and Mystic Knight ability to Grapple a foe, however, this spell also inflicts Dark damage while grappling does not.