- "An advanced form of Maelstrom that summons a larger, longer-lasting whirlwind to wreak havoc upon foes."
An advanced version of Maelstrom, larger, lasts longer, and with a stronger pull.
|Maelstrom||~11 secs||~15 secs|
|High Maelstrom||~6 secs||~27 secs|
After a long charging incantation during which the caster is immobile, the spell begins to be cast. After incantation charges the spell a 'holding' phase begins whilst the caster continues to be immobilised - during this phase the whirlwind will be generated - holding must continue after the whirlwind is created for a substantial period of time.
- The 'holding' time is around 11 seconds, of which the first 3 seconds are required to create the tornado. After 'holding' the sorcerer is free to move, and the whirlwind will continue for some time too.
- The first tier spell must be incanted afore the second tier can be cast.
- This spell works with group spellcasting.
- Only the incantation phase is speeded by the Wyrmking's Ring or Articulacy - the holding part of the spell is not.
- Once the whirlwind is created interruptions do not disable the spell - however being hit by foes during the holding phase is the only way to prematurely exit this casting stance.
Inflicts Dark magic damage, drawing enemies into its core and throwing them in the air for additional fall damage. Ineffective against enemies strong to Dark magic that are not lifted into the air.
- Very effective against the Dark Bishop.
- Ineffective against Hydras, Succubi, and Banshees.
- Armored Cyclops that still have their helmets are quiet resistant.
- High Maelstrom can stun or make the Ur-Dragon reel - most effective if it affects the dragon's head.
There is no Grand Maelstrom version.
- High Maelstrom can move Metal Golem discs about the battlefield - Maelstrom may not be powerful enough to move the discs.