Rift Crystals: Varies
Improved store wares
"Caxton seeks an idol that will facilitate commerce with an able weaponsmith. Help him, that he might repay the favor."
- Deliver the Idol to Caxton.
After the Arisen has spoken to the Duke, Caxton will inform the Arisen that he wants a prized idol as a status symbol to get better supplies for his store.
Deliver either a Gold Idol, Silver Idol or a Bronze Idol to get access to better equipment in his shop. Please note that only one Idol can be given to Caxton; a Gold Idol cannot later be given to him if they've already been given a Bronze Idol, for example.
- The Gold Idol is possible reward from the quest; Escort Duty for Symone, which can be started by talking to Fournival after completing Land of Opportunity and Chasing Shadows.
- The Silver Idol is acquired as a reward for completing Put the Eye Out, which can be obtained from the Pawn Guild Notice Board.
- A Bronze Idol can be found in the lair of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll, as well as Selene's Hut in Witchwood.
- Depending on the Idol given, Caxton will start selling equipment of varying levels. Giving Caxton a Gold Idol will give Arisen the best upgrade to his inventory while giving him a Forgery Idol will net no upgrades to his inventory, with Silver being better than Bronze. Choose wisely.
- Players may want to consider giving the Gold Idol for the Supplier's Demand quest, which is an identical quest for Madeleine, if they are more geared towards magic items and/or desire equipment for female characters.
- Giving Caxton a forgery of one of the idols yields negative but potentially amusing results.
- After handing over an Idol of the player's choice, it will take 2 complete game days for his inventory to update.