"Caxton seeks an idol that will facilitate commerce with an able weaponsmith. Help him, that he might repay the favor."
- Deliver the Idol to Caxton.
Caxton will request a prized idol as a status symbol to get better supplies for his store.
Once a vendor's inventory has been expanded to a higher stage, the vendor's expanded inventory will remain permanently available for future playthroughs (New Game Plus).
- The Gold Idol is possible reward from the quest; Escort Duty for Symone, which can be started by talking to Fournival after completing Land of Opportunity and Chasing Shadows.
- The Silver Idol is acquired as a reward for completing Put the Eye Out, which can be obtained from the Pawn Guild Notice Board.
- A Bronze Idol can be found in the lair of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll, as well as Selene's Hut in Witchwood.
- Depending on the Idol given, Caxton will start selling more advanced equipment.
- Giving Caxton a Gold Idol will give Arisen the best possible upgrade to his inventory, followed by the Silver and Bronze Idols.
- Players may want to consider giving the Gold Idol for the Supplier's Demand quest, which is an identical quest for Madeleine, if they are more geared towards magic items and/or desire equipment for female characters.
- After handing over an Idol of the player's choice, it will take 2 complete game days for his inventory to update.
- It is not wise to give Caxton the idol to unlock new equipment, as all of the shops in Gransys will have their inventory changed in New Game Plus. (New equipment unlocked)
- Giving Caxton a forged idol will result in no change on his inventory.