Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Caxton seeks an idol that will facilitate commerce with an able weaponsmith. Help him, that he might repay the favor."
- Deliver the Idol to Caxton.
Caxton will request a prized idol as a status symbol to get better supplies for his store.
Once a vendor's inventory has been expanded to a higher stage, the vendor's expanded inventory will remain permanently available for future playthroughs (New Game Plus).
- The Gold Idol is possible reward from the quest; Escort Duty for Symone, which can be started by talking to Fournival after completing Land of Opportunity and Chasing Shadows.
- The Silver Idol is acquired as a reward for completing Put the Eye Out, which can be obtained from the Pawn Guild Notice Board.
- A Bronze Idol can be found in the lair of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll, as well as Selene's Hut in Witchwood.
- Depending on the Idol given, Caxton will start selling more advanced equipment.
- Giving Caxton a Gold Idol will give Arisen the best possible upgrade to his inventory, followed by the Silver and Bronze Idols.
- Players may want to consider giving the Gold Idol for the Supplier's Demand quest, which is an identical quest for Madeleine, if they are more geared towards magic items and/or desire equipment for female characters.
- After handing over an Idol of the player's choice, it will take 2 complete game days for his inventory to update.
- It is not wise to give Caxton the idol to unlock new equipment, as all of the shops in Gransys will have their inventory changed in New Game Plus. (New equipment unlocked)
- Giving Caxton a forged idol will result in no change on his inventory.