- "An advanced form of Reset employable even while under attack that returns the user to a neutral stance, eliminating openings caused by other actions."
This easily under-appreciated skill has two main uses: quick recovery after being struck, knocked down, knocked back or staggered; and quick skill spamming.
Using Instant Reset immediately ends the action (animation) after or during skill usage. This can be used to immediately end mis-aimed attacks, or to rapidly terminate end of skill actions.
- An advanced version of Reset.
- Allows a rapid dismount whilst climbing a monster to avoid being grabbed and eaten. The Arisen can even immediately re-grab a lower part of the monster on the way down and climb back up.
- The skill can only be performed one time in the air, before landing, so, for example, repeated Double Vault/Instant Reset chains can not be used to jump extreme distances.
- Like Reset, this skill allows early termination, and hence overall speeding up of most of 'self performed' abilities, skills and actions. For example - it can be used to speed up bottle filling, such as collecting Spring Water at a Healing Spring by resetting as soon as the cork is in the bottle.
- Instant Reset also allows the Arisen to revive a pawn very quickly, allowing one to run into danger, aid the pawn, and run out before being attacked, or reviving multiple pawns swiftly.
- Pawns use this skill, but it is very hard to observe. The most common pawn usage is to cancel a dodge roll to immediately commence shooting with its longbow or shortbow.