- "A shield of common quality, wielded far and wide. Heavy on the arm but well sturdy in a scrap."
The Iron Shield is sold by Jayce in Devilfire Grove; at Caxton's Armory in Gran Soren; by Alon in the Ancient Quarry; and by Barroch on Bitterblack Isle. One may be found in a chest on Unusual Beach along the rocky shoreline below The Encampment, and can be gathered from a Weapon/Armor Pile in Pastona Cavern, near to where the Golem is encountered.
An unspiring design, the iron shield nevertheless gives good defence. Goblins who have scavenged such shields tie them to their bodies as a primitive plate armor - to good effect. Iron shields are also seen used as part of the body armor of an armored cyclops.
| 0|| 1|| 2|| 3|
|N/A||690 G|| 2,150 G|
Scrap Iron x4
| 6,620 G|
Southron Iron x3
| Click here for|
| 4,600 RC|
Hunk of Platinum x4
| 6,600 RC|
Enhancement Item Locations
- Scrap Iron
- Dropped by a Skeleton. Most commonly found on the roads north of Gran Soren at night, but also show up in the Watergod's Altar, Catacombs and Everfall (pre-Dragon).
- Dropped in place of a Rusted Plate when a section of an Armored Cyclops armor is destroyed.
- Can be stolen from Skeletons using Master Thief.
- Can be stolen from Skeleton Knights using Master Thief.
- Southron Iron
- Hunk of Platinum
- Commonly obtained by mining from Ore Deposits in various Bitterblack Isle locations.