|Land of Opportunity|
Our Landlord would drive us from our home?"
(Noble Quarter in Gran Soren)
10 Rift Crystal
- "Fournival seeks to evict tenants from a property he owns, that he might sell it for quick coin. He asks you intervene on his behalf."
Negotiate the Eviction
- Speak with tenants Jasper, Sara, and Pip, and convince them to leave Fournival's property.
- You've helped Fournival evict the tenants.
Quest reward received.
- Your purchase saved Fournival from a financial crisis.
Quest reward received.
This quest can be done a number of ways and has two different outcomes with different moralities. Both outcomes will give the same amount of Experience Points and Rift Crystals, however of Gold received will vary based on the final outcome of the quest. The first and most effective outcome would be to evict the tenants and the second outcome would be to buy the land from Fournival, effectively letting the tenants to stay. This walkthrough will cover both paths and will let the player decided which route to take.
Negotiate the EvictionEdit
The beginning of this quest starts with speaking to each tenants living on Fournival's property. There is no particular order of which tenant needs to be spoken first; however please note that by chasing Pip will lock-in the first outcome, resulting in tenant eviction.
- Jasper can be found behind the inn during the afternoon, preaching about The Dragon. When first approaching him, he will state that he cannot make the decision to move out without the consent of his whole family and then requests that the player first speak to them about it.
- Sara can be found at the Fountain, in the Alehouse or browsing the market next to the inn. Sara is rather indecisive and requires time (One day has to pass) before she makes up her mind and agree to move out.
- Pip can be found around the Fournival Manor. Upon speaking to him, he will run off.
At this point, the Arisen will have two different opinions:
By chasing Pip and catching him, this will effectively lock-in the first outcome.
Pip can be found near one of the gates between the Nobles Quarter or Craftsman's Quarter, or near the Fountain. Pip doesn't want to make up his mind and runs off after speaking with him. He stands on top of the barn in the Craftsman's Quarter and can be reached by jumping from the rooftop of the adjacent building. Afterwards he runs off again and hides under a bridge in the Urban Quarter. Here he runs off again and the Arisen must catch him similar to the quest; An Uninvited Guest. Do NOT attack him, as this will get the player jailed. Once caught, Pip will agree to give his consent.
Once Pip has been caught and Sara has been giving enough time to think about her decision, speak with Jasper. He will request that the Arisen front him and his family 30,000 G, which cannot be avoided and must be paid for quest completion.
Do not chase PipEdit
Not chasing Pip will give the option to instead buy the land from Fournival.
After Pip runs off from the initial conversation, head back to Fournival and speak to him. He will ask how the eviction is going and admit that the whole process is becoming quite the hassle. Eventually he will propose that the Arisen buy the land for 80,000 G, which removes his need to evict the family.
- Keep in mind by accepting this deal will nullify the Gold quest reward received of 40,000 G, if the first option were taken. Exp. amount and Rift Crystal gain will not change.
Agreeing to this and purchasing the land will net the Arisen several rewards from the family when speaking to them afterwards. They can be found in their usual locations after the quest is complete.
- Jasper will give an Antique Panoply
- Sara will give a Matured Greenwarish
- Pip will give a Pretty Stone
In future New Game Plus if their affinity is high enough, the tenans will give additional items if talked to the next day.
Regardless of which outcome is taken, Jasper, Sara and Pip still stay in Gran Soren however will move to the fields. If the land is purchased, the player will not be able to use the land.
- ps3xbox360 On rare occasions Jasper will not spawn behind the Union Inn like he's supposed to, causing issues with the quest Land of Opportunity.
- To solve this simply save and exit to the menu and load the game back up and he should reset there.
- An alternative solution would be to sleep until morning then wait till noon. Jasper leaves the city in the morning so wait by the Fountain Square.
- Choosing to evict the tenants will result in a net gain of 10,000 G
- Choosing to buy the land will result in a net loss of 80,000 G
- The outcomes of this quest are most predominate during Post-Game.
- If the family is evicted, they will move to the outskirts of Gran Soren in the fields. Pip will state that they would have died if they were still living in the house. By evicting them, potentially saves them from the aftermath.
- If the family is allowed to stay, both Jasper and Sara will be unavailable and are presumed to have died during the events in Gran Soren; this leaves Pip as the sole survivor. He is found in front of the Camellia's Apothecary looking down into The Everfall and will berate the Arisen for his parent's death.
- During Fournival's trial in the quest Trials and Tribulations the family may provide a negative testimony condemning Fournival if evicted. They will not provide any positive testimony.
- When chasing Pip, simply charge straight into him - this will stagger him, giving time to grab hold of him, which in turn will start the next sequence in the quest.