Lantern is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
"A small light source that burns liquid fuel, which must be replenished. It can be worn on the waist. Has enough oil to burn for awhile."
- Produces visual light to see in dark places or at night.
- One of the most important items in the game, the Lantern provides Pawns and the Arisen a source of light when travelling at night or through dark areas. It is attached to a characters side, so it does not obstruct their ability to fight. Pawns will automatically equip and unequip their lanterns when it gets dark, but the player must do this manually. It needs to be filled with Oil to remain burning.
- For a brighter Lantern consult Elite Lantern.
- Awarded on completion of the Quest Newly Arisen.
- Awarded on starting the quest Deep Trouble.
- Can be taken from Rooks inventory whilst he travels with the Arisen.
- Can be found lying around in The Blighted Manse.
- Sold by:
- When Pawns use a Lantern, their light radius is much less than the Arisen's. To compensate for this, their Lanterns never need to be refilled with Oil.
- When Drenched, the lantern will go out. This, however, can be remedied by unequipping the lantern and then re-equipping it again, using a Clean Cloth to dry or by waiting until the Drenched status wears off.
- Equipping a (lit) lantern when tarred is a sure-fire way to set oneself on fire. Be careful.
- Using one Sobering Wine will make the party immune to Drenching, which will also prevent Lanterns from going out. In Dark Arisen, wearing a Ring of Desiccation will provide Drenched immunity.
- The Ranger's Augment Radiance will extend the size of the light emitted by 1.2 times.
- One free Lantern can be acquired by accepting the quest, Deep Trouble. Additionally, Rook will have one when he joins the Arisen at the start of Upon a Pawn.
- An Arisen's Lantern will last approximately 30 minutes before it needs to be completely refilled. A dimming Lantern can be used to remind the Arisen to return a Blessed Flower to storage as there will be few more minutes until it wilts, assuming the Blessed Flower was also fresh that morning.
- In Dark Arisen, removing Lanterns from the party will make it more difficult for Death to locate them. However, once pawns have them in place at their waists, Lanterns cannot be un-equipped.
- During the quest; Farewell, Valmiro, Valmiro will request a Lantern to take with him on his travels. This must be a full lantern; he will not accept a Half-Full or an Empty Lantern.
2 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 2 Star Enhancement of Crimson Glare.
|Lantern (Half-Full)||+||Flask of Oil||=||Lantern|
|Lantern (No Fuel)||+||Flask of Oil||=||Lantern|