- "An advanced form of Feather Jump that mitigates gravity's pull, enabling a gentle landing even from great heights."
An advanced version of Feather Jump.
- Use jump whilst in mid-air, similar to the double jump technique.
- Like the dagger skill Double Vault, Levitate allows the Arisen to reach certain heights out of reach of normal jumps. Levitate will also effectively extend the horizontal jumping distance of the Arisen (rooftop jumping for example) and is doubly effective with a running jump.
- Despite the in-game description, Levitate does not mitigate fall damage, and, once free-falling has begun leviate will aid recovery.
- Certain treasure chests and areas are much more easily accessible with Levitate, including but not limited to:
- The cliff connecting the Witchwood and Cassardis (near the Seabreeze Trail) can be reached with Levitation. The grab spot is approximately one body length from the left edge. Get a running start, then the Arisen should float upwards and to the left toward the grab spot. Once the edge is successfully grabbed (this may take several attempts), placing a Portcrystal will then make it much easier to access Selene's house.
- The chest in the The Bluemoon Tower that may contain a copy of Chimera Strategy Vol. 2
- Several of the 'Badge of Vows' quests can be difficult though not impossible to complete without levitate - for example Badge of Vows 25, Badge of Vows 93, Badge of Vows 96, and Badge of Vows 98.
- Levitate also allows chasms to be crossed that might otherwise form an impassable barrier :
- The crossing of the river gully at The Mountain Waycastle before the gate opens can be made by jumping across to the bridge. (There is also an alternative roundabout route via The Ancient Quarry)
- At Bitterblack Isle Harbor a crossing can be made over the upper levels that would not normally be possible until the exit from Bitterblack Sanctum had been opened.