Living Armors are huge animated suits of armor, haunted by an ominous blue light emanating through the cracks in their armor. It is said that they are a collection of souls who have died holding grudges or regrets, manifested into a single physical entity of sorrow and rage. They will not stop, even if the armor binding them is destroyed.
Living Armors utilize advanced sword techniques from both the Fighter and Mystic Knight vocations, wielding a sword modeled after Saving Grace in one hand and a shield similar to Dragon's Faith in the other.
| Base Experience of 35,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
Spins with its blade extended, slicing through multiple foes with a huge range.
Channels magick into earth, causing powerful pillars of stone to erupt around it.
Releases a stabbing strike straight forward and appends a tackle to a forceful jab.
Quickly ducks back before countering with a slashing charge.
Slam close-ranged foes with its massive shield, knocking them back and dropping their guard.
Lowers itself and then drags its blade skyward in a deadly arc, sending up targets within into the air.
Performs a three-hit combo with its sword.
Repositions itself around its target while cutting a broad swath with its sword, potentially hitting around its target's shield.
Slams the pommel of its sword down on the ground, crushing anyone standing directly in front of it. This attack is completely unblockable.
- Immune to all debilitations.
- Weak against Holy spells and enchanted weapons.(verify)
- The external armor is more effectively damaged with physical strikes and will break off once the Living Armor's health reaches halfway.
- The inner spectral aura can only be damaged by magic (and enchanted weapons), similar to ghost-type enemies.
- Susceptible to fall damage.
- When fighting in the Sparyard of Scant Mercy, the Arisen can stand on the edge by the entrance from The Bloodless Stockade. Luring the Living Armor with ranged attacks or by having him chase you up the stairscase cause the Living Armor to leap off of the edge, causing massive damage.
- Lure the Living Armor to the edge of a cliff, get behind it and use a skill with high knockdown like Terrible Bend, or Dragon's Maw to inflict heavy fall damage or death.
- Their large shields will nullify many attacks - the best time to inflict damage is when they have just finished an attack or when distracted by pawns.
- Living Armor are also vulnerable from the rear as their shields do not protect their backs.
- Coin Purse of Charity can damage its' spectral aura.
- Living Armor are very skilled Mystic Knights who will block most attacks, so attack from the rear to bypass its large shield.
- Frontal attacks will be knocked down by its Shield Strike counterattack, or by their Perfect Blocking.
- A red aura glowing around their head whilst the Armor stands indicates it is charging the dangerous Stone Forest attack - either avoid the spell, or attempt to interrupt it.
- Be wary near cliff edges, as the Living Armor's attacks can easily knock the Arisen and pawns off the edge to their deaths.
- Living Armor have very high knockdown capability. Instant Reset will quickly return the Arisen back to the feet. Use the dodge roll (a dagger skill) to avoid its attacks.
- Skills with invincibiilty frames, such as Dragon's Maw and Full Moon Slash can be used as a defensive move to avoid incoming attacks.
- If facing multiple Living Armor, try luring them out one or two at a time to limit the size of the skirmish. Living Armor tend to hold their positions until an enemy approaches their personal space, so lure one away then fall back to engage them one at a time.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
Enemy specific :
- Weak to Holy (may be a specific flag to trigger separately from Ghost family)
- Break armor once half HP has been reached
- Attack from behind when it is blocking with its shield
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Living Armors either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.