- "News of Quina's sudden disappearance has left you shaken. Seek out the village chief to learn more of her whereabouts."
- Caution! Be sure to complete this quest before completing the quest Lure of the Abyss, as the quest is failed on completion of that task.
News of Quina's disappearance is first delivered by Elvar upon leaving The Encampment after completing the quest A Rude Awakening. To accept the quest return to Chief Adaro in Cassardis to learn what has happened, and seek clues about Quina's disappearance.
In Chief Adaro's House there is a note left by Quina (Quina's Note) - the brief message gives some indication of Quina's likely destination, and perhaps her motiviations. You should surmise to travel to the Witchwood with haste. Other Cassardissians can be spoken to try to get a better picture of what has happened.
Make for the Witchwood
During the journey to the Witchwood some tough enemies will likely be encountered which will almost certainly prove challenging. Take the opportunity in Cassardis and in the Encampment to acquire the best skills and equipment you can before setting out.
To reach the Witchwood, travel beyond The Encampment and take a left at the fork on Manamia Trail. Be ready to fight Wolves here. Walk up the mountain by following the trail. At the top of the mountain lies a large boulder accompanied by two smaller ones. Upon approach, the boulders will come tumbling down the path, so be certain to avoid them.
At the top of the mountain lie a group of Bandits. Dispatch them and follow the path south south hugging the mountain to the left.
There are two groups of Bandits, each with at least one high level fighter. Proceed forward, keeping the mountain close by on the Arisen's left, following the path left as the path splits going further south. A fog in the area indicates the Witchwood is near. Keep going to automatically move into a new area.
Seek Out the Witch
The witch Quina seeks is in the center of the woods. The fog in this area is magical, however, and may be removed by destroying glowing Fog Talismans found throughout the Witchwood. The first one is found a little further down the path, directly across the creek. (The ingame maps will show nothing but fog until the nearest talisman's magickal influence is destroyed.)
If pawns have been hired with prior knowledge of this quest they will be of good help in guiding you to the Witch's House - otherwise proceed methodically and carefully.
Quina guides the way, at first walking towards the creek. Follow her and then continue down the path, destroying the first fog talisman, which will lift the fog in this part of the woods and reveal the immediate area on the main Map. There are three more fog talismans to destroy, but they do not need to be destroyed in order to reach the Witch's House.
Now the path becomes tricky. The easiest way to navigate this part of the woods is to keep to the left following the path until reaching a fallen tree acting as a natural bridge above the road. When this tree is in sight, go left into the brush (do not go under the tree). There will be a boulder which can be used to climb up to the fallen tree.
Quina will assist in combat with Anodyne and Ingle. She will heal the party if one party member falls below 50% health, but she will not heal herself if she is the only one injured as it is the Arisen's duty to keep watch over her.
Once across the fallen tree take a left (south on the minimap) and follow the path heading south-east. The last fog talisman is found hanging in a tree to the right; take care for there is a Wolf ambush that will trigger when approaching this talisman. Continue on this path until the Witch's House is reached.
Approach the Witch's House through the clearing and a short scene triggers where Quina points out that this is the place she's been looking for. Take the wooden stairs up to the cottage and go inside. Another cutscene will trigger.
Report Back to the Village Chief
After the cutscene is over, Quina will run back to Cassardis alone. Before following her, search the house. Several potions lie about, the chest will contain either a Ring of Gules, a Ring of Azure or a Thunderclap, and a Bronze Idol sits on a nearby window sill.
Exit the cottage, and Quina can be seen going north along a hidden path leading directly to Cassardis. Following this path leads to a cave overlooking the Seabreeze Trail and Cassardis. The chest on this overlook contains a Wooden Wall, a Two-Hander or a Scholar's Cape. Jump down and go back to Cassardis. Once there, speak to Chief Adaro to complete the quest.
The quest has been completed. This quest triggers a quest later in the game called Witch Hunt, which involves going back to the Witchwood. Failing to complete Lost and Found will prevent Witch Hunt from appearing.
- Warning: Skipping or failing this quest causes several quest lines and an area of the Witchwood to be unavailable during the remainder of the game
- The path to the witchwood may be guarded by Bandits who can pose problems for unskilled Arisen - these can be avoided by travelling at night. Large groups of Wolves will be encountered instead of the Bandits.
- It is also possible to run past dangerous foes and not fight them.
- The Witchwood can be difficult to navigate with the magical fog whiting out the map, however by keeping to the high ground to avoid the more convoluted paths and heading mainly east, the player should eventually find Selene's hut.
- Before going to Witchwood it is recommended to have a Gransys Herb in the party's personal possession. After completing this quest, give the herb to Selene and she will turn it into a potion, which is the item required in the quest Witch's Brew found in Gran Soren later on.
- Even if Quina has been 'rescued' from the witchwood the party should return to Cassardis to complete the quest - completing Lure of the Abyss with Quina rescued, but her rescue unreported to Adaro causes the quest to be terminated.
- The quest won't trigger properly if Witchwood is entered from the rear entrance. Quina will not be there, although pawns will still say that a woman is ahead. Entry into the Witchwood the rear entrance is difficult and requires levitating or other special techniques.
- Exiting Witchwood and re-entering through the front entrance will fix this.
- Do not pick up Adaro's escort quest: Guardsman Sought at the same time as the quest; Lost and Found as this can bug out Lost and Found. The player will be unable to speak with Adaro regarding Quina's returning regardless if the escort quest is finished, X amount of time has passed, or even killing Adaro.
- No solution has been found, refrain from starting both quests at the same time!