- "Barnaby begs of you to explore the Everfall, a sprawling ruin beneath Gran Soren. He claims a new "presence" has claimed the abyss."
Heed the pawn Barnaby's words, and explore the strangeness within the Everfall.
- Caution ! Completing this quest before Lost and Found, will be sure to cause that quest to be automatically failed.
Beneath the capital there is a mysterious place known as The Everfall, which supposedly hides many secrets and is considered sacred by Pawns.
Barnaby, the de facto 'leader' of the Pawn Guild, believes that something is wrong down below and wants the Arisen, to investigate.
It is recommend to be well-prepared for this journey as some of the battles will be pretty rough despite being so early in the game.
Take note of the following list before heading down the Everfall:
- Oil for Lanterns is very important due to the poor lighting.
- A Mage with the Anodyne spell.
- A Mage with Fire or Holy-based magicks.
- Good equipment, enhanced if possible. Be sure to visit Caxton's Armory.
Acquiring the quest Reaper's Scorn before starting this quest will minorly benefit completion of that quest.
Explore the Everfall
Upon entering the Everfall, turn left and begin to head down the path. It is a straight shot for the first stretch; kill any Giant Bats and Undead that the Arisen may come across and collect any items found along the sides of the walkway.
Eventually the Arisen will run into a deadly foe that most likely has not been encountered yet: an Ogre. This fight is a tough one, but not impossible. Please refer to the Ogre page for a guide to slaying this beast. If the Arisen is lucky enough, attacking it from a distance may lead to it tripping and accidentally walk over the edge, instantly killing the beast.
After the Ogre has been defeated, continue on until reaching a sealed gate, pass through the left doorway. Be careful here, though... the large room isn't as safe as it looks. Skeleton warriors will spawn from the ground and can be the end for some players if they've neglected buying skills or new equipment up to this point.
Once the player has found themselves back on the main spiral, go right and pull the lever that opens the gate. While the door the player just came through closes, the main path is now open. With that out of the way, nothing particularly significant will happen. Continue down the path and approach the bottom of the Everfall.
It is also advised to scout the room up by the stairs to the left of the platform. At the top of the stairs there will be many Undead. It is advisable to defeat them now so they do not pose a threat later on. Also at the top of the stairs, jump over the balcony and to the left, into a secret area with 2 chests and other loot.
Once the Arisen is ready, head over to the Flameservant's Throne and investigate it. Doing so will trigger a cutscene.
Report Back to Barnaby
After the cutscene showing the tentacles of an Evil Eye, there's only one thing left for the Arisen to do... RUN!!!
No matter how many tentacles are defeated, the Evil Eye will not reveal its main body and therefore cannot be defeated. Just get back to the stairs and get back up the spiral-path as fast as possible. Tentacles will pop out of the floor all around during the journey back to the top. Therefore, stopping to fight is ill advised.
Upon arriving back to the surface, speak with Barnaby to complete the quest.
After speaking with Barnaby the quest will complete. There is no follow up quest automatically given until the Arisen exits the Pawn Guild where they will be approached by Ser Duncan who will give the Arisen the Wyrm Hunt License. It is advised to keep this in the player's possessions until they've have completed all of its related quests.
- The quest Lost and Found must be completed prior to completion of Lure of the Abyss otherwise the quest will fail.
- Check everywhere for items and treasure... there are a few chests scattered around and there are also Coin Pouches and even a few Large Coin Pouches stowed away in some of the corners or on top of collapsed rubble.
- If the quest Reaper's Scorn was picked up, the Arisen will find a Wakestone Shard near the Flameservant's Throne at the bottom of the Everfall room. If the quest has already been completed or not picked up, the shard will not be there.
- With the introduction of Dark Arisen, the Arisen can find their first Portcrystal in the middle of the Flameservant's Throne.
- Ser Duncan is sent on behalf of Mercedes - just as she stated she would send for the Arisen, though he never mentions her.
- If The Everfall was escaped via a Ferrystone, Ser Duncan will still approach the Arisen as they appear, however the quest will not be complete until speaking with Barnaby. It is actually possible to never officially complete this quest but still continue on to the rest of the main quests, strangely enough - Lure of the Abyss will be marked as cancelled upon starting Come to Court.
- For a Speed Run run simply just jump from the entrance and fall all the way to the bottom of the Everfall, use a Wakestone to revive then examine the floor and use a Ferrystone immediately to teleport back to Gran Soren. The player will immediately pick up the next story quest upon doing so without even turning in this one.
- If the player is having difficulties fighting the Ogre, try standing near the ledge of the open chasm, there is a chance that it will fall to its death when it charges at the player.