Role: Trader, possibly former strider by way of her daggers, and her lifestyle indicates a lady of pleasure.
Likes: Money, her trusty dagger, people who help her make money
Body type: Glamorous
Personality: Greedy, self-reliant, cunning and self-serving. Madeleine looks out for herself and her goals first, though she does display a limited degree of loyalty when it comes down to it.
- Main article: Madeleine's shop.
Madeleine is a travelling Shopkeeper, one of two who can be given Idols to improve their available inventory.
Her wares tend to favor armor for female characters, unique curatives, periapts, and special ring jewelry compared to Caxton.
To view her detailed inventory, see Madeleine's Shop.
Pre-Game (before The Dragon is slain):
- Cassardis, at the beginning of game, prior to undertaking the quest Off With Its Head
- The Encampment, only after her first escort quest, Guard Duty
- Gran Soren in the Fountain Square and Gran Soren Union Inn before the quest Chasing Shadows
- Gran Soren in the Abandoned House in the Venery after completing the quest Chasing Shadows
- If Chasing Shadows is not completed Madeleine remains a peddler at the Union Inn
- Gran Soren fields if Bad Business was started, but failed. Madeleine will not sell items.
- Gran Soren fields if Bad Business was not undertaken at all. Madeleine will sell items.
- Pablos' Inn in Cassardis if Bad Business was succesfully completed. Madeleine will sell items.
- The Arisen's house in Cassardis if Madeleine was the Arisen's love interest. Madeleine will sell items. No special discount given.
- Guard Duty (escort quest)
- Supplier's Demand (give Madeleine an idol)
- A Diverting Excursion (escort quest)
- Bad Business (uncover Madeleine's whereabouts)
- Beginning the quest Bad Business will remove Madeleine from the game until the quest The Final Battle has been completed. Bad Business quest starts after completing the Royal Orders Quests called The Wyrmking's Ring and Pride Before a Fall.
- By importing a Dragon's Dogma save file into Dark Arisen, the player acquires Madeleine's outfit, the Set of Lady's Trek Wear, as one of the six Outfits bestowed as part of the transfer bonus.
- "Yes, well, enough idle chatter. To business, then?"
- "A girl must take what advantage she can. Don't you agree?"
- "Time is a funny thing. It seems only yesterday you smuggled me from Cassardis... Those were hard days, for a certainty... Survival was not a given, let alone with such grace and beauty as I managed, hmm?"
During A Diverting Excursion
- "But, one moment... Did I not... Ah, just so! You lent me a tidy sum as I fled Cassardis! In truth, I don't recall the exact figure... But worry not -- I shall repay you with all speed! ...Just as soon as my shop turns a profit. I may enjoy the jingle of coin more than most, but I'm not one to ignore debt."
- "A knightly customer? Oh, we get all kinds in here, Arisen, but how is it your business? Surely 'tis not jealously steers your questions? Oh, fie! You needn't worry on that account! I have eyes only for the purses of any what pass through that door."
- "That knight comes here with some regularity. He asked the names of those who purchased the rare medallions I came upon not long ago. His reward was impressive to say the least. I speak of money, fool! Not...other things! Fie, but your jealously is a thing to behold."