Magick Shield skills are intended to both provide magical counterattacks on behalf of the Mystic Knight and support one's squad of allies. Magick Shields can be furthered imbued with magical properties which will cause the Magick Shield to act as a catalyst to enhance the Mystic Knight's attacks. By focusing magick directly into the shield Mystic Knights can vastly increase attack range when resonating shockwaves as an elemental counter against enemy blows and spells, and can increase damage output from the party by effecting mass enchantment of their party's weapons.
The Magick Shield, when properly wielded, uses both its own and the Mystic Knight's magick and strength stats to produce damage.
- To activate an elementally-buffed Perfect Block or Riposte, the Mystic Knight must have purchased the core skill Reflect.
- Lower-level Magick Shields are very difficult to use for Perfect Blocks, especially if not reinforced or Dragon Forged. Their knockdown/stagger resistances are very small and simply cannot withstand the force of incoming damage, so the block of the Mystic Knight is broken.
- Enchanting the shield produces some of the most powerful spell effects available, but those spells only activate on a Perfect Block. Note that a Perfect Block is not quite the same animation as successively pressing the skill buttons for an elemental Riposte; both produce damage.
How to differentiate the animations for Blocking, Perfect Block and element-charged Perfect Block:
- Block: The Mystic Knight will crouch below the raised shield. Stamina will be used. A banging sound will be heard when the shield blocks damage. This move can be chained very quickly; depending on the timing of successive waves of incoming damage, a Block can chain into a Perfect Block or a Charged Perfect Block.
- Perfect Block: The Mystic Knight raises weapon and shield and pulls the weapon straight down while pulling the magick shield closer into the torso. There is no elemental effect in front of the MK, even if the magick shield has a permanent enchantment. The force from the Perfect Block will fire Great Cannon sigils. The MK expends no stamina and takes no damage. A loud 'FOOM' sound will be heard when the shield blocks and repels damage. This move can be chained very quickly.
- Charged Perfect Block: Prior to Perfect Blocking, the Mystic Knight charges the magick shield with an elemental Riposte. The Mystic Knight then performs a Perfect Block, and the animation raises weapon and shield and pulls the weapon straight down while pulling the magick shield closer into the torso. Since the Magick Shield has been charged with an element, a blast of elemental damage is sent out in front of the Mystic Knight. This damage blast can fire up to three Great Cannon sigils already on the field, though more damage will be delivered with two sigils rather than three. The Mystic Knight expends no stamina and takes no damage. A banging sound will be heard when the shield blocks and repels damage. This move can be chained very quickly.
Magick Shields ListEdit
All magick shields are listed with dragonforged stats and are sorted from strongest to weakest using the strength and magick stats combined.
|Name||Strength||Magick||Slash Strength||Bludgeoning Strength||Stagger Power||Knockdown Power||Element||Debilitations||Weight|
|Thunder Kite Shield||120||324||0%||100%||301||301||Lightning||-||2.63|
|Blue Kite Shield||146||289||0%||100%||316||316||-||-||2.00|
|Fine Magick Buckler||132||264||0%||100%||304||304||-||-||1.77|
|Rusted Magick Shield||46||82||0%||100%||196||196||-||Poison, Torpor||1.96|