"An advanced form of Pilfer that lets the user steal multiple items at once and increases the chances of nabbing rare items."
For a list of stealable items, see Master Thief - Pilferage List.
- An advanced version of Pilfer.
- Typically returns 2 items upon successful use.
- Successfully using this skill on a creature means the creature will not drop any items upon defeat.
- "Breakable" items such as cyclops tusk or chimera tails will still drop.
- Enemies must be grappled/held or debilitated with blindness or sleep for this skill to work.
- Blinder and Sleeper arrows can be purchased at Camellia's Apothecary.
- Utilize these arrows with Threefold Arrow or Fivefold Flurry to quickly debilitate the target.
- Strider pawns will use this skill sparingly.
- Fighter or Warrior pawns with the Utilitarian inclination assist more often with holding enemies so this skill can be utilized.
- The Ensnare/Implicate skill will either stun or knock-down most small or medium size enemies. Using this skill can help to increase the chance that an aforementioned pawn will grapple the affect enemy.
- Utilize the Ensnare/Implicate skill instead of arrows at higher levels when facing weaker enemies.
- The Barbed Nails accessory seems to increase the knockdown effectiveness of the Ensnare/Implicate skill.
- Responds to Godsbaning by changing potential drop; for example, if one uses Master Thief on a Condemned Gorecyclops and one does not receive the cursed object(s) sought, using Godsbane and reloading from an earlier save point may change the item dropped.