- "An advanced form of Easy Kill that parries and counters a blow, biting deeper than its predecessor."
An advanced version of Easy Kill.
Masterful Kill functions as a very effective counter to most direct physical attacks - once activated the Arisen stands poised to counter, and once an attack is made, will counter with a mount and stab counterattack on the foe.
- See also Clairvoyance - the sword equivalent. Unlike Masterful Kill, Clairvoyance has a time window in which the riposte must be performed.
- The Masterful Kill has no time limit. Once Masterful Kill is activated, provided the Arisen does not move or perform any actions, the next physical attack that strikes the Arisen will trigger Masterful Kill.
- Being staggered, knocked down, or struck by a ranged or magick attack cancels the skill.
- While awaiting an incoming attack with Masterful Kill activated, the Arisen's stamina will not regenerate or deplete.
- The lower level skill Easy Kill has a time window and needs to be properly timed.
- Cannot counter :
- Can counter (in addition to melee attacks) :
- It has invincibility frames, unlike Clairvoyance. The Arisen cannot be hurt during the counter animation.
- Masterful Kill strikes up to four times against larger enemies.
- The videos below demonstrate the use of Masterful Kill against some of the game's most formidable foes.
- Damage is boosted by the augment Eminence.