Mathewe is an NPC in Dragon's Dogma.
"A merchant in Gran Soren. All trade has stopped as a result of the dragon's coming, and he's growing bored waiting for things to pick back up."
- "Hail, traveler! Come for the capital with pockets lines with gold, are you? ....No?"
- "Aye, well, you're not alone in that, friend. The dragon's coming has put a pinch on all our purses."
- "Say, have you chanced upon the falls near the encampment? There's a cave secreted behind."
- "Full of old ruins, too. I walked in a few paces once, curious to see how far in it went."
- "My nerve left me past that, though it grieves me to imagine all that treasure I missed..."
- "If you've the mettle and the interest, pray, go now, while there's treasure left to be had."
- "Perhaps you'll come back to share your findings in recompense for the tip, eh? ...No?"