Similar to the regular Golem, although much stronger and more aggressive. Its seven discs are not located on the Metal Golem's body, but scattered around the environment. These discs emit a speck of bright light that travels in a straight line directly to the Metal Golem, which can be backtracked to the location of each disc.
When attacking the discs, the Metal Golem immediately takes notice and charges its target in a similar manner to that of an enraged Golem.
| Base Experience of 11,800
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
From destroying the discs:
From destroying the Metal Golem:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
- ↑ All values shown in the bottom row refer to the discs. The Metal Golem's body doesn't take damage from these.
|Permanent Rampage||Spec||Metal Golem is in permanent Rage mode, but without the speed increase of the regular Golem. It will however speed up to attack anyone damaging its discs.|
|Impenetrable Defense||Spec||The hard metal body of the Metal Golem is impervious to all attacks, Physical or Magickal.|
|Swipe||Phys||Swipes at targets in front of it with both arms. May hit anyone climbing on it.|
|Charge||Phys||Runs at targets, knocking down anyone in its path.|
|Jump||Phys||Jumps into the air, crushing anyone it lands on.|
|Laser Beam||Mag||Fires a laser beam that causes explosions on the ground in its wake. The initial laser beam doesn't do damage, but the explosions will knock its target into the air and may inflict Burning. It can sweep the laser in an arc or track down a target's location.|
|Grab||Phys||Grabs a target and proceeds to crush the life out of them. Unlike the regular Golem, it doesn't heal itself with this move.|
|Shake||Phys||Tries to shake off any character climbing on it.|
The Metal Golem itself is impervious to any direct damage. Its seven floating discs set up around the area need to be destroyed in order to kill the Metal Golem. The discs may be tracked down by observing where the energy beams to the Metal Golem are originating from.
The Metal Golem and its discs are immune to all debilitations.
The Sorcerer spell High Exequy can be used if the Arisen has sufficiently high magick attack and the stamina to continue the spell until the battle is over. Destroying the Metal Golem directly using Exequy will not generate the rewards from destroying the mobile discs.
Hitting the Metal Golem's head while it shoots the Laser Beam may stagger it, interrupting its attack.
- The discs are weak against physical attacks.
- Throwblasts and Dragon's Spits are effective.
- Magick Archer : Great Sacrifice can destroy a disc.(verify)
- Sorcerers : Magick Billow is fairly effective, Exequy destroys discs rapidly.
- Mages : Using Frigor or unequipping the staff and using bare-handed punches may be the only way for a mage to deal physical damage.
- Blunt attacks are more effective than slashing.
High floating discs
Usually a single disc will be located at an above ground level, and inaccessible to standard melee attacks.
- Using a bow is the easiest and most obvious way of destroying the floating discs, as they usually hover beyond the reach of melee attacks.
- Fighters & Warriors : In order to reach high floating discs, lure the Metal Golem under the disc, climb up to the top of the its head, jump off and execute a jumping light or heavy attack.
- Mystic Knights can ensure that Great Cannon homes in on a high floating disc rather than the Metal Golem itself by first switching to a staff and then casting Ingle or focused bolts on it. Once that disc's health bar is displayed, the Arisen will be considered "locked on" to that disc, so switch back to a sword/mace and finish it accordingly.
- Sorcerers can use High Maelstrom to draw the floating disc from a higher ground area where they will be accessible to melee attacks from the ground.
- The Metal Golem can be baited into damaging its own discs and kill itself. Try standing directly behind or under a disc and lure the Metal Golem to throw a punch or stomp. Evade the incoming attack at the last possible moment.
- If the Arisen lures the Metal Golem to themself, they will allow pawns to attack the discs, alternatively they can run quickly away from the Metal Golem whilst the pawns engage to obtain attacks on discs free from worry.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 7 Metal Golems either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- "Metal golem!"
- "A golem, Master! Plated in metal!"
- "'Tis a mountain of metal!"
- "Metal golems derive energy from an external source!"
- "It bears no amulets!"
- "We'll find its amulets hidden about!"
- "We must find those discs, quickly!"
- "There should be seven amulets in all..."
- "Let's be rid of those on land first."
- "Take aim for its glowing amulets!"
- "Direct attack is folly against a metal golem!"
- "Burst strikes will best shatter the discs."
- "Only physical blows will destroy the amulets."
- "Golems are immune to magick!"
- The energy beams from the discs will travel through rock/walls.
- After the initial encounter with the Witchwood's Metal Golem, the Arisen can destroy its discs before waking it by avoiding close proximity, thus killing it without risk. Awaken the Metal Golem once, as the disks will not be visible beforehand.