|Mettle Against Metal|
30 Rift Crystals
- Fight and defeat the Metal Golem.
After the completion of Witch Hunt the player has free access to the latter area of Witchwood. If the player returns to the area after completing Witch Hunt and having exited Witchwood at least once (and resting for 24 hours in-game such as at the Cassardis Inn), the Metal Golem (the gold-colored one) on the small river island can be engaged. To do so, simply get close enough to touch it.
WalkthroughEditA Metal Golem is a mostly unique boss encounter in Dragon's Dogma. It is the same as a normal Golem in that you must destroy the Magick Discs that are making it move to defeat it, however that is where the similarities end. It is impervious to all damage, both physical and magick-based so attacking it is useless. The Magick Discs themselves are NOT on the body, they are actually scattered around the immediate area(in this case along the span of the river). It is much stronger and much faster than a normal Golem, and will get even faster should you attack one of its discs.
NOTE: You absolutely MUST have someone with a bow in your party. The discs themselves are immune to magick and there is one disc that cannot be reached without using a ranged attack. It is recommended that the player be the one with the bow (and not a magick archer), as it can be difficult to get pawns to target the out-of-reach disc.
[AMENDMENT] YOU CAN ALSO USE A MYSTIC KNIGHT WITH MAGICK/GREAT CANNON, HOWEVER THIS CAN SOMETIMES BE TRICKY. The cannon WILL NOT target the disc unless it has a health bar, meaning you may have to cast a spell, such as Ingle or Levin, to make the health bar appear (you won't do any damage with the spell). The cannon also prioritizes the place on the golem the disc represents, meaning if golem is anywhere near the disc, it can be frustrating trying to hit.
- Right in front of the Metal Golem's resting place on the island.
- On the opposite river bank directly east of the island.
- From the previous disc, head directly south across the river and you will see it in a small clearing next to a tree.
- Head back to the river then follow it east a bit until you see a shore or the northern side of the river. Head north past the shore until you reach a mining node in the rock face, then turn east and you will see it between the roots of a tree (A Skeleton Warrior will spawn if you get close enough to the chest it guards, and the disc is located close enough to the chest to spawn it even during daylight hours).
- From the previous disc head north along the cliff next to the river. When a dead end is reached on the cliff, look down and you will see the next disc placed in the river below (CAUTION: There will be an engageable Golem on the river bank near this disc. Simply being in its vicinity will engage this Golem. It is advised to shoot this disc with a bow while still on the cliff to avoid it).
- Head back to the river island and continue west along the river. The next disc is perched atop a tree branch high above the river (this disc requires the use of a bow to destroy, so come equipped accordingly).
- Continue along the river heading west and you will see the final disc placed in the river in front of a waterfall.
If you are having trouble locating the discs, watch for the bolts of energy that the discs emit and send to the Metal Golem. Just head in the direction the bolt came from.
- Make sure to avoid the Metal Golem itself and focus on the discs scattered about the area. Watch out for its laser, as it has a surprising amount of range.
- While the quest Witch Hunt is still active the Metal Golem can be found but not engaged. You can even climb on it and it will do nothing but sit there. You must complete Witch Hunt and exit Witchwood once (and rest for 24 hours in-game such as at the Cassardis Inn) to be able to fight the Metal Golem.
- If you're having trouble finding the disks, watch for the orbs of energy that float from the medallions to the golem and backtrack its trail.