- "A metal golem sprang to life without warning. Fend off its fierce attack and return it to slumber."
Fight and defeat the Metal Golem.
Its body is impervious to all damage, both physical and magic-based, so attacking it is useless. The creature is destroyed by destroying the floating glowing discs around the battlefield with physical attacks.
Generally, it is necessary to have a character with a physical bow in the party in order to destroy the single disc located above ground level. However, there are alternative tactics to destroying the floating discs.
- Disc locations
- Right in front of the Metal Golem's resting place on the island.
- On the opposite river bank directly east of the island.
- From the previous disc, head directly south across the river and you will see it in a small clearing next to a tree.
- Head back to the river then follow it east a bit until you see a shore or the northern side of the river. Head north past the shore until you reach a mining node in the rock face, then turn east and you will see it between the roots of a tree (A Skeleton Warrior will spawn if you get close enough to the chest it guards, and the disc is located close enough to the chest to spawn it even during daylight hours).
- From the previous disc head north along the cliff next to the river. When a dead end is reached on the cliff, look down and you will see the next disc placed in the river below. CAUTION: There will be an engageable Golem on the river bank near this disc. Simply being in its vicinity will rouse that Golem. If you wish to avoid the Golem while fighting the Metal Golem, is advised to shoot this disc with a bow while still on the cliff.
- Head back to the river island and continue west along the river. The next disc is perched atop a tree branch high above the river. This disc usually requires the use of a bow to destroy it.
- Continue along the river heading west and you will see the final disc in the river in front of a waterfall.
- Access to the far area of Witchwood beyond the tunnel below the Witch's House is given after the Golem is defeated during the quest Witch Hunt.
- This quest becomes available after leaving and returning to the Witchwood after the quest Witch Hunt.
- For Metal Golem battle tactics see the Metal Golem page.
- Whilst the quest Witch Hunt is still active, the Metal Golem can be located, but it will remain immobile and impervious to attacks.
- If you're having trouble finding the discs, watch for orbs of energy that float from the medallions to the golem and backtrack the trail to each disc.
- This is one of only a few sidequests that carries to the post-game, after finishing The Final Battle. It will only cancel once you complete Fathom Deep.
- This quest isn't listed on the Pawn's Quest Knowledge screen, but it counts towards the trophy/achievement The Hero.