Masters of sword and sorcery, the Mystic Knight deals devastating damage to foes on the battlefield with their enchanted weapons, while also defending against the most ferocious attacks with their magickal shields.
Secondary Weapon: Magick Shield (NOTE: Magick Shields can not be traded.)
Primary Offensive stat: Magick
Strengths and RoleEdit
Battle Magick: Mystic Knights are able to cast powerful magicks while wearing heavy armor and wielding maces or swords.
Stalwart Defense: Mystic Knights carry large, magickal shields with them in combat, allowing them to defend against all but the most punishing attacks. The shields can also be imbued with magickal energy, providing a deadly surprise for any enemy that dare attack.
Deadly Enchantments: The Mystic Knight is the only magickal character capable of enchanting the entire party’s weapons at once, making them invaluable support characters.
Versatility: Having both ranged and melee capabilities as well as a shield allows the Mystic Knight to adapt to many situations. He can act as both the Tank and frontline Fighter or can hang back and cast Cannon spells for ranged magick attacks. They are also able to wield slashing swords or blunt damaging maces, giving them even more options to aim for enemies weaknesses.
Silence: If Silenced, Mystic Knights will not be able to use their most powerful skills, although it is less disadvantageous than the mage classes since you can still use melee.
Slower Movement: Though their defenses are very strong in one direction, Mystic Knights have trouble against multiple opponents due to their slow movement and lack of turning when their shield is deployed. This leaves their backside vulnerable to attack, and many late-game enemies use flanking attacks to attack from behind.
Knockdown Prone: Mystic Knights can be knocked over or have their casting interrupted very easily.
Slow Casting Speeds: Combined with their weakness to being knocked down, some fast enemies, such as Hellhounds, Harpies, and Bandit Archers can be infuriating to fight as you will be hit before you can pull out a Sigil.
Sword Skills / Mace SkillsEdit
|Blink Strike||Already Learned||-||Rushes the target and visits a powerful blow upon them.|
|Broad Cut||1||200||Cuts a broad swath with the blade while falling back to avoid attacks.|
|Sky Dance||1||400||Kicks at the air into a forward charge, delivering a powerful slash in the process.|
|Tusk Toss||2||400||Traces a grand skyward arc with the blade, sending lightweight foes into the air.|
|Burst Strike||3||600||An advanced form of Blink Strike honed to travel greater distances.|
|Perilous Sigil||4||900||Draws a magick sigil that activates contact with the enemy afore activating to devastating effect.|
|Broad Slash||4||1,000||An advanced form of Broad Cut. The path can be altered while executing the attack.|
|Funnel Sigil||4||1,400||Draws a magick sigil that pulls in nearby lightweight enemies, collecting them together.|
|Magick Cannon||4||1,400||Conjures a magickal cannon after a period of incantation. Strike the cannon to fire spellshot at foes.|
|Ruinous Sigil||4||2,000||An advanced form of Perilous Sigil that affects a larger area for a longer period of time.|
|Sky Rapture||4||1,600||An advanced form of Sky Dance that propels the user over a greater distance.|
|Compass Slash||5||1,400||Spins with blade extended, drawing a deadly circle especially effective when surrounded. Employable while under attack.|
|Downthrust||5||1,400||Plants the blade into the earth at ones feet. Though its range is limited, the force behind the thrust is great.|
|Antler Toss||6||1,600||An advanced form of Tusk Toss able to lift even heavier foes aloft. Can strike foes multiple times midair.|
|Great Cannon||6||2,800||An advanced form of Magick Cannon that increases the number of spellshots round fired.|
|Vortex Sigil||6||2,800||An advanced form of Funnel Sigil that affects a larger area and remains active for a longer period of time.|
|Downcrack||7||2,000||An advanced form of Downthrust that strikes twice. It is more powerful and broader in reach.|
|Full Moon Slash||7||2,000||An advanced form of Compass Slash gifted with a broader reach and the ability to hit multiple times.|
|Stone Grove||8||900||Plunges the blade into the earth and channels magick into it, causing pillars of stone to erupt around the user.|
|Stone Forest||9||2,000||An advanced form of Stone Grove that brings forth a greater number of stone pillars.|
|Ingle||Already Learned||-||Looses a ball of fire that explodes upon contact, engulfing both the target and surrounding foes.|
|Frazil||1||200||Creates a concentrated field of cold in front of the user that freezes solid whatever enemy it visits.|
|Levin||1||200||Smites the enemy from above with tongues of lightning. Especially effective at driving foes out of hiding.|
|High Frazil||3||700||An advanced form of Frazil that expands the field of cold.|
|High Ingle||3||700||An advanced form of Ingle that increases the number of projectiles.|
|High Levin||3||700||An advanced form of Levin that generates more lightning.|
|Brontide||5||1,400||Wraps the user's body in a whip-like bolt of lightning capable of damaging foes.|
|Comestion||5||1,400||Generates a towering wall of flame, though only modest in power, it ignites adversaries with ease.|
|Frigor||5||1,400||Generates a giant chunk of ice that can serve as a stepping stone.|
|Sopor||6||3,500||Invokes a magickal sigil around the user that lulls foes who enter it into slumber.|
|High Brontide||7||1,800||An advanced form of Brontide that endures for a longer period of time and drops lightning where it lands.|
|High Comestion||7||1,800||An advanced form of Comestion that expands the wall of flame.|
|High Frigor||7||1,800||An advanced form of Frigor that generates additional chunks of Ice.|
|High Sopor||9||7,500||An advanced form of Sopor that extends the effective range of the sigil and persists for a longer period of time.|
Magick Shield SkillsEdit
|Firecounter||Already Learned||-||Unleashes a knockdown wave when the user blocks an attack. A perfect block conjures ingle to the enemy.|
|Darkcounter||1||300||Unleashes a knockdown wave when the user blocks an attack. A perfect block conjures a dark fog at the enemy that has a chance to torpor.|
|Holycounter||1||300||Unleashes a knockdown wave when the user blocks an attack. A perfect block conjures holy beams that seek enemies.|
|Icecounter||1||300||Unleashes a knockdown wave when the user blocks an attack. A perfect block conjures a frazil range attack.|
|Thundercounter||1||300||Unleashes a knockdown wave when the user blocks an attack. A perfect block conjures levin.|
|Demonspite||2||900||Converts damage sustained while guarding into bolts of magic. A perfect block conjures more bolts.|
|Holy Wall||2||900||Erects a broad magickal wall ahead with the currently wielded magic shield.|
|Abyssal Riposte||4||1,200||An advanced form of Darkcounter that persists for a longer period of time and conjures more Darkness and has a chance to inflicted torpor|
|Blessed Riposte||4||1,200||An advanced form of Holycounter that persists for a longer period of time and conjures more beams of Holy light.|
|Flame Riposte||4||1,200||An advanced form of Firecounter that persists for a longer period of time and conjures high ingle.|
|Frost Riposte||4||1,200||An advanced form of Icecounter that persists for a longer period of time and conjures high frazil range attack.|
|Thunder Riposte||4||1,200||An advanced form of Thundercounter that persists for a longer period of time and conjures high levin.|
|Dark Enchanter||5||1,600||Enchants the weapon of both the user and any nearby pawns with Darkness.|
|Demonswrath||5||2,000||An advanced form of Demonspite that extends the duration of the effect.|
|Fire Enchanter||5||1,600||Enchants the weapon of both the user and any nearby pawns with Fire.|
|Holy Enchanter||5||1,600||Enchants the weapon of both the user and any nearby pawns with Holy light.|
|Holy Fortress||5||2,000||An advanced form of Holy Wall that persists for a longer period of time.|
|Ice Enchanter||5||1,600||Enchants the weapon of both the user and any nearby pawns with Ice.|
|Thunder Enchanter||5||1,600||Enchants the weapon of both the user and any nearby pawns with Thunder.|
|Dark Anguish||7||3,800||Uses dark magic that increases the attack range of the current weapon.|
|Holy Aid||7||3,800||Converts what might have been damage into Health from any blocked blows. A perfect block recovers more Health.|
|Abyssal Trance||8||4,000||An advanced form of Dark Enchanter that extends and amplifies the enchantment, as well as the recipient's magick.|
|Blessed Trance||8||4,000||An advanced form of Holy Enchanter that extends and amplifies the enchantment, as well as the recipient's magick.|
|Flame Trance||8||4,000||An advanced form of Fire Enchanter that extends and amplifies the enchantment, as well as the recipient's magick.|
|Frost Trance||8||4,000||An advanced form of Ice Enchanter that extends and amplifies the enchantment, as well as the recipient's magick.|
|Lightning Trance||8||4,000||An advanced form of Thunder Enchanter that extends and amplifies the enchantment, as well as the recipient's magick.|
|Abyssal Anguish||9||6,000||An advanced form of Dark Anguish that adds a magickal shockwave and remains active for a longer period of time.|
|Holy Glare||9||5,000||Conjures brilliant beams of light that seek out and smite enemies within range. Decreases the party's Stamina usage. Drains Stamina upon resolution of the effect.|
|Holy Furor||9||7,500||An advanced form of Holy Glare that conjures mightier beams and remains active for a longer period of time.|
|Holy Grace||9||6,000||An advanced form of Holy Aid that extends the duration of the effect.|
|Magick Shield||Repel||Already Learned||-||Use your Magick Shield to block an enemy's attack.|
|Magick Shield||Reflect||3||1,600||An advanced form of Repel that deflects attacks back toward the assailant.|
|Staff||Feather Jump||Already Learned||-||A light jump. More effective when grabbing to platforms or rocks.|
|Staff||Magick Billow||Already Learned||-||Swing your staff downward to stagger the enemy. Follow-up attacks can send the enemy to the ground.|
|Staff||Magick Bolt||Already Learned||-||Launches a magick bolt from your staff. Can add elemental effect via enchantments. Press [Light Attack] repeatedly for additional effect.|
|Staff||Levitate||2||600||An advanced form Feather Jump that mitigates gravity's pull, enabling a gentle landing even from great heights.|
|Staff||Focused Bolt||6||3,000||An advanced form of Magick Bolt. Focuses the users active enchantment into a powerful burst that can be fired from the ground or air.|
|Staff||Magick Agent||6||3,000||An advanced form of Magick Billow. Conjures spheres of magickal energy around the user to attack encroaching enemies. Also employable from mid-air.|
|Sword/Mace||Empale||Already Learned||-||Release a stabbing strike straight forward.|
|Sword/Mace||Onslaught||Already Learned||-||Continuous attacks with one-handed weapon.|
|Sword/Mace||Vault||Already Learned||-||Executes a jump to a higher location.|
|Sword/Mace||Dire Onslaught||1||800||An advanced form of Onslaught that strengthens a chain of one-handed slashes.|
|Sword/Mace||Takedown||1||600||An advanced form of Empale that appends a tackle to a forceful jab.|
|Sword/Mace||Controlled Fall||3||1,200||Tucks the body into a tight roll when falling, mitigating harm.|
|Fortitude||1||1,200||Increases Defense by 30|
|Adamance||3||1,800||Halves the Stamina consumed when you block attacks with your shield|
|Periphery||3||1,800||Helps keep your footing when you block attacks with your shield - Increases Stagger Resistance by 50|
|Reinforcement||6||4,000||Pawns you aid receives a 20% increase to their Defense and Magick Defense for 1 minute|
|Retribution||6||4,000||Pawns you aid receives a 20% increase to their Strength and Magick for 1 minute|
Pawns you aid restores 50% of their maximum HP
|Sanctuary||8||7,000||While your health is critical, Defense and Magick Defense is increased by 50%|
For information on how augments impact stats and how stacking of multiple augments work see the Stats page.
|HP||Stamina||Attack||Defense||Magic Attack||Magic Defense|
Tips and TacticsEdit
- Using both Sigil spells in conjunction with one another creates a very useful damage trap, further enhanced by the sigil's ability to match the knight's weapon enchantment element.
- Each time the Cannon spells are cast, it creates a floating orb of magick that can be struck to release projectiles, and can be cast multiple times without cancelling out. This means that a Mystic Knight can have up to four orbs on the field at once, all of which can release up to three projectiles each per hit. Given enough preparation time, this can quickly fell large monsters singlehandedly.
- If there are no enemies nearby, and the Mystic Knight has placed multiple Cannon orbs, shots from one Cannon will seek another and act as a network. This can be used to attack enemies from farther away, and possibly to shoot around corners. The shots that pass through a second Cannon orb will acquire that orb's element, if different.
- Although the Anguish spells are technically Dark, they only extend the weapon's range and do not affect its element. This allows for the creation of long-range elemental weapon enchantments.
- Even though it has an extremely long cast time, Holy Furor can and will be your best friend. It could be move that will turn the tide of a losing battle. However, note that it is a double-edged sword and not only does it take a long time to charge, it will drain all stamina from the party after its finished so beware.
- If you want to be more of a bruiser/tank Mystic Knight, start with Fighter as your basic vocation, that way you get used to being in the middle of combat and you get that early extra health per level. If you want to be a caster Mystic Knight, start with Mage as your basic vocation, that way you can get used to the timing of your spells, etc.
- After learning the skill Reflect, proper timing can greatly improve both one's survivability and damage output. A properly timed block will not only negate damaged that would have been received but will also unleash a blast of magick, depending on the shield's current enchantment. Most melee attacks can be successfully countered as well as arrows, bolts from a staff, and thrown torches/rocks. Strong Magical based attacks such a wyrm's firebreath cannot be countered, although you can block some, like Ingle.
- Its a good idea to play as a warrior and/or a sorcerer before becoming a mystic knight to get their good augments to make the Mystic Knight more effective.
- Placing a magic/great cannon in the Ruinous sigil will make it an automatic turret if any enemy touches the sigil which hits the cannon and shoots magic bolts
- In the fight against Grigori, using the Holy Aid/ Holy Glare spell on the shield, coupled with the Reflect core skill is a great way to negate damage and the usage of your own restorative items.
- If you're looking for a way to make faster blocks with the shield, flick the analog stick you use to move in the direction of the blow and quickly follow up with the Secondary items button. This done quickly enough will help you change the direction you fight almost instantaneously.
- Taking on some of the Warrior, and Fighter's Augments will also help derive your enemies of a close-range advantage since they carry over from class to class. Plus, the Ranger has an Augment allowing for increased potency in any curative you take.
- Try taking on lighter armor types to loosen up the hampered mobility this class suffers from, just wearing light boots and gloves with a light underarmor will give you protection and mobility, take some mobility augments from the ranger class if you don't want to slate the extra protection.
- Using the advanced anguish spell on a staff is recommended since a shockwave follows up each projectile shot, producing a devastating barrage if used consecutively. This tactic is very effective against dragons as the shockwaves tend to hit the most vunerable spots of a target (in this case the heart).
- Bitterblack Isle features a new variant of the Ogre (Elder Ogre). Try to cast Abyssal Trance before striking with your melee weapon, casting Great Cannon, or dropping a Ruinous Sigil. This dark magic type does great damage to this new enemy type variant.