5 Rift Crystals
Tightly Folded Letter
"Beg pardon, Arisen. I'm sure this is a small matter, but I would yet have you hear it. I was at my post before the castle not long ago, when a strange man came around asking after your whereabouts. Even more curious, when I told him I knew not, he swore me tell no one of our encounter. Have you some enemy, Arisen? His eyes were..mad. I shall never forget them... I beg you, be wary." -Ser Rickart
The air is thick with a sense of foreboding. Does aught lurk ahead in the shadows? Are you being watched?
- Survive the ambush.
- The Arisen becomes a marked target for an ambush. The quest becomes available after Seeking Salvation (if you didn't kill the cultist) or after Come to Court (if you did kill the cultist).
- When leaving the southern gate of Gran Soren, talk to Ser Rickart, and he hands you an Unsigned Letter, as well as, a foreboding warning. This initiates the quest to hunt down and kill the assassins.
- The unsigned letter description: "Let the Arisen's only peace be death."
- Map markers will appear when you are in the vicinity of the ambush zone even if you pass by during daylight.
There are five groups of assassins to seek out and kill on the roads between 8PM and 4AM. (You'll know you have the right battle because they'll talk to you and the "nameless" will ironically introduce themselves). Do not confuse these with random encounters with actual nameless Salvation folk.
- The Nameless Men's names are highlighted in red.
Phantom, Ghost, Soul and SpiritsEdit
- On the road just past the bridge northwest of Gran Soren right before the path forks east and west. Be wary of a massive skeleton attack at the same time.
Raven, Hawk and CondorEdit
- Just outside The Ancient Quarry's Northern Entrance.
- On the stretch of road which is between the half-way gate-point to Gran Soren and the Mountain Waycastle, near the Mountain Cottage and the Harpy Hills. The ambush is a bit tricky to find as there are multiple spawn locations. One ambush location is near the Mountain Cottage, or at the cage with Harpies around it, or at the big tree at the other end of the trail; closer to Gran Soren before you hit the gate and Goblins. If you find a group of bandits near the Mountain Cottage, chances are that is the correct group. Another work around is if you head to the fourth ambush point and kill the assassins there, the quest should update letting you know that you've successfully completed the first four ambush points.
Rouge and NoirEdit
- Follow the road from the Encampment to the Mountain Waycastle, they will be at a loop in the road just north of the Abandoned Storehouse.
- Zero will only appear if all the other Nameless Men are killed. Head outside the gate to Cassardis and the leader will spawn. Once he is dead, the quest is over. There is a known glitch that if you kill the leader before his introduction speech is over, the quest will not complete immediately. Enter Cassardis and then exit back out in to Gransys, and the quest will complete as normal. It has been confirmed that you may not have to face Darkness in the Moonbit Pass in order to have the leader appear. Some never encountered Darkness in the pass, but when arriving at the gates of Cassardis; the leader appeared once they arrived.
- The quest reward Tightly Folded Letter is used for the DLC quest; Lost Faith.
- The quest reward's letter's content reads: "All children of the true god know the Arisen is the end of hope, not its source. See this evil expunged."
The video details how Zero can be killed repeatedly. His speech, 'I am the void...' must be initiated lest you kill him before hand and the quest does not conclude.