When leaving the southern gate of Gran Soren, talk to Ser Rickart, and he hands you an unsigned letter which initiates the quest to hunt down and kill the assassins: a letter of unknown origin that contains but one phrase: "Let the Arisen's only peace be death."
There are no map markers for this quest, except when you are physically in battle with the said enemy.
There are five groups of assassins to seek out and kill on the roads between 8PM and 4AM. (You'll know you have the right battle because they'll talk to you and the "nameless" will ironically introduce themselves). Do not confuse these with random encounters with actual nameless Salvation folk.
The encounters can be found:
- On the road just past the bridge northwest of Gran Soren right before the path forks east and west. Be wary of a massive skeleton attack at the same time. (Phantom, Ghost, Soul, Spirits)
- Just outside The Ancient Quarry North Entrance (Raven, Hawk and Condor)
- On the stretch of road which is between the half-way gate-point to Gran Soren and the Mountain Waycastle, near the Mountain Cottage and the harpy hills (Darkness)
NOTE: there is a glitch where he does not say anything so if you cannot find this point you may have already killed him without noticing. Try the next point.
- Follow the road from the Encampment to the Mountain Waycastle, they will be at a loop in the road just north of the Abandoned Storehouse (Rogue, Noir)
- Once you have killed all the others, you will get a quest update. After that, head to just outside the gate to Cassardis where the leader will spawn (Zero). Once he is dead, the quest is over.
If you mark this quest as active, you will see a circle in which you can find the next ambush.
- 30,000 Gold
- 12,000 XP
- Tightly-Folded Letter that reads: "All children of the true god know the Arisen is the end of hope, not its source. See this evil expunged."