Dragon's Dogma possesses an NG+, achievable once the Main Quest has been completed. Choosing this option (load your save game from when you complete the game after the "real" credits (when you finish the quest [The Great Hereafter]) and it will start New Game Plus) will begin the game anew with the following changes:
- Player level, stats, health, Affinity, and items are carried over from previous play-throughs.
- Enemy levels DO NOT increase; difficulty is not changed in any way.
- A New Game + starts in the same town and similar things happen with the story.
- All player items carry over; they can be retrieved at any inn.
- There is a rift stone on the beach in Cassardis which takes you directly to the Ur-Dragon fight.
- Portcrystals are available at The Black Cat for purchase, allowing players to place multiple portals around the game world.
- All previously deployed Portcrystals are still deployed and active, but however, they are only usable upon reaching gran soren in your NG+ play through.
- Shops keep whatever stock they had before you go into a new game (you still have to get to the correct stage to unlock things you missed in your first play-through).
- A few new quests appear at quest boards, offering substantial gold rewards.
- Explored areas of the Map are retained.
- BE WARNED: There is no going back! Once you enter NG+, you can not do any of the Everfall trials until you reach that point in the game again! You can back up your Dragon's Dogma save file onto an External hard drive or flash drive before starting NG+, but the quest lines, NPCs, rewards, enemies, and difficulty are (mostly) the EXACT SAME. So unless you plan to rush through the game a second time to reach the Everfall trials again, it may be best to hold off on starting NG+.
Note: You can start New Game+ (NG+) an infinite number of times. Meaning completing the first NG+ will lead to NG++, and so on. The player can see how many times they finished the game at the History menu.
To start a New Game +, you will need to complete the quest Fathom Deep.
1. Get all 20 Wakestones
2. Talk to Quince, the NPC that wants said Wakestones
3. Jump in giant gaping portal at the bottom of the Everfall
4. Go through cutscenes
5. Attack the Seneschal
7. Once again attack him
8. Another cutscene
9. Go down the path with multiple people and slaughter them (or you can just run past all of them)
11. After defeated, Savan will give you the Godsbane Blade to use against him.
12. Ask him questions (optional) then stab him.
13. Sit on the throne and "live as the Seneschal"
14. After you sit on the throne, you'll be an invisible Seneschal in your home village. Simply leave the village via front gate to return to the throne room.
15. Now take out Godsbane in the throne room and stab yourself
16. After the ending and credits, save your game when prompted
17. Go to Load Game and follow the instructions
WARNING: Be sure to choose "Load Game". DO NOT choose "New Game", otherwise all your work and progress will be deleted and a brand new game would be started.