The Night is part of the regular progression of time following the day, as the game possesses a day-night cycle. Night time is interesting in Dragon's Dogma, as said by the Developers. It would seem that during the night the game takes a survival-horror approach akin to Capcom's "Resident Evil " series. During this time you must acquire a light source, be it lantern or a torch. Spells, Skills, and anything else that produces light helps fight the darkness.
Enemies are more common and dangerous during this time, and you certainly wouldn't want a Drake fight in the middle of it all.
One must have a grasp of time in order to avoid the night, so going to Inns to rest is always a good idea as you'll always start during the morning the next day. But for whatever reason if you do go out in the field at night make sure to have an ample supply of oil to keep your lantern burning.
- Enemies like Skeletons, Zombies, and Phantoms are common at this time.
- Make sure you are carrying a Lantern at all times in the dark, you can give some to your Pawns too for some extra light.
- Some of the stronger Assassin Auguments only activate at Night-time.
- The skill Magick Flare for the Magick Archer class can be used as a long range light source, good for lighting up an area ahead of you before you go there.
- Always be wary and listen to sounds carefully, they might help you notice monsters before you run into them.
- Save often, as checkpoints are usually sparse in the wilderness and you don't want to lose your progress because you got jumped by a Drake and forgot to save.
- Some items such as Moonglow flowers only spawn at Night.