Smaller than a Cyclops, but bigger than a human, these creatures possess a level of intelligence and brute strength that make them very dangerous, especially in close quarters. It resembles and behaves like a giant gorilla-like creature. Ogres are extremely powerful and quite agile.
When Ogres grow enraged, their rear end starts to glow red. An Ogre is cunning enough to jump into the air and land on its back in order to crush any who are climbing them or attack them from behind.
They get excited and 'giggle' when they see females and speed up their fury and attack faster the more women are in the party. When Ogres grow enraged, their cheeks and buttocks will turn pinkish-red, they will then roar and charge wildly, flail their arms like huge gorillas. Ogres can turn corners with ease, making it difficult to dodge. They can grab a victim and run off a short distance to chew on them, causing a significant amount of damage.
| Base Experience of 5,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
Using Master Thief
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
|Punch||Phys||Slams its arm into the ground near a target.|
|Uppercut||Phys||Does a large fist uppercut to a target in front of it, throwing them in the air.|
|Back Suplex||Phys||If climbed on its back, it will leap up and land on its back, flattening anyone behind it.|
|Fist Clap||Phys||Smashes its fists together at a target, dealing damage and knocking them down for a short time. This is usually followed by a grab attack.|
|Grab and Chew||Phys/Spec||Grabs a downed target and runs away for some distance before squeezing the target. After a moment, it will take a bite out of the target and drop them, causing significant damage.
The Ogre will recoil backwards in disgust if it takes a bite out of a male character, which leaves it vulnerable for a short time.
|Muscle Guard||Spec||Covers its face with its forearms and tightens its muscles to raise its defense significantly. It uses this stance when it sees a powerful attack coming. Strong enough attacks or magick attacks can break this guard.|
|Charge||Phys||Charges at a target. It does this more often in Rampage mode.|
|Rampage||Phys||When low on HP, it will go berserk and begin charging and flailing at random targets, usually the Arisen. Significant damage will knock it down in this state. They may also be lured into falling off cliffs in this state.|
|Dropkick||Phys||Runs back and then leaps at a target for a dropkick, knocking them to the ground or potentially off cliffs.|
- Can be Cursed. Also vulnerable to Lowered Strength.
- Immune to Blindness and Petrification.
- Ice attacks can occasionally freeze a part of their body and slow them down.
- Vulnerable to Torpor and Poisoning.
- Vulnerable to Sleep.
- The head is its weak spot and takes extra damage.
- Specifically hitting "between the eyes", and from the front gives double damage, compare to head strikes off to the sides
- The Ogre can take a defensive posture blocking attacks to its head - staggering or stunning the Ogre may break this defense.
- A temporarily recumbent Ogre, such as after its 'drop kick' is vulnerable and takes extra damage.
- Attacks on a sleeping or eating Ogre will cause extra damage.
- Unlike a Cyclops, it is difficult to stun an Ogre with Lightning. Furthermore, it is almost impossible to stun an enraged Ogre, and they are also less prone to staggering when enraged.
- After successfully avoiding a charge attack and grabbing the Ogre before it regains its balance will result in the Ogre being downed.
- Fighters : Caution - Ogres can grab characters even in the middle of executing Dragon's Maw or Hindsight Strike - when the Arisen usually expects to be briefly invincible.
- If climbing the monster and it reaches up to grab, Instant Reset and jumping can be used as an emergency dismount to avoid being grabbed and eaten.
- When climbed on from behind, an Ogre will counter by jumping up and landing on its back.
- Take advantage of this predictable behavior to bait the Ogre into jumping onto its back, as they take more damage when they are on the ground.
- Fighting two or more Ogres at once can be surprisingly beneficial to the Arisen, as the Ogres will occasionally hit each other, inflicting substantial damage. Their drop kick in particular can really do some damage to fellow Ogres.
- When enraged, the Ogre will flush red and charge at the Arisen. This can be used to the Arisen's advantage if there are sheer cliffs or water nearby, as the Ogre can be lured over the edge for an easy kill (this will usually relinquish any reward drops). Be careful not to get dragged along with it over the edge.
- Arisen may want to kill smaller enemies in the area first before attacking the Ogre.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Ogre Strategy Vol. 1 - Climb the Ogre while it is not guarding and pull it to the ground.
- Ogre Strategy Vol. 2 - Ogres are more vulnerable while chasing their prey.
- Attack the head, it is a weak spot.
- Ogres will notice climbers on its back and do a back suplex to crush them under it. Getting hit by or avoiding this move may grant knowledge.
- Weak to Sleep.
- Weak to Fire.
- Having a Female in the party gets the Ogre excited, its cheeks and buttocks flush red. It then targets and chases that Female without paying any attention to other party members.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Ogres either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
More information can be found on the Bestiary page.
- "The sight of women excites it!"
- "Counter after it strikes!"
- "Take care when scaling its back!"
- "Its brute strength is deadly!"
- "'Tis more vicious than a Cyclops!"
- "Their raw power makes them a threat"
- "Careful, they're fast for all that muscle"
- "An Ogre... Of all the poor luck..."
- "Grab hold and pull it down!"
- "'Tis flush red with anger!"
- "Its kind loves women above all. Be ready."
- "It hungers for humans. Women, most of all."
- "Its kind targets women over all others!"
- "Stay ready. It will come at women first!"
- "I'll drag it to the ground when it attacks!"
- Ogres respawn every three days in the open world.
- Given their interest in human women, it is unsurprising that so many live near The Abbey.