Phantasms are naturally electrified; physical contact may inflict Thundershock.
If they manage to latch onto a character, their health will rapidly drain unless freed by an ally with a physical strike to the Phantasm. Pawns slain by ghost type enemies in this manner cannot be revived by the Arisen and must be re-hired from a Rift Stone.
| Base Experience of 780
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
- § Except when possessing a victim
|Light Possession||Spec||Grabs onto a target's head, and drains very small amounts of health for around half a minute afore leaving its host. Whilst possessing an ally the ghost is vulnerable to physical attacks.
Whilst in possession of a host the ghost restores its health.
|Heavy Possession||Spec||Grabs onto the head and upper body of a target, and drains large amounts of health every few seconds until its host dies. Whilst possessing an ally the ghost is vulnerable to physical attacks.|
|Fade||Spec||The Phantasm will fade out of this plane to avoid damage for a time. When it reappears, it will be where it was before.|
|Floating Charge||Spec||This is the primary mode of moving. It will rush at targets, causing Stagger and dealing Lightning damage.|
|Ghostly Discharge||Spec|| Starts glowing purple, increases in size and eventually discharge with thunderbolts, causing damage and staggering any near it.
The discharge also sometimes silences
- Pawns whose health is reduced to zero by the possession attacks are returned to the rift immediately and cannot be revived.
- Vulnerable to magick attacks.
- Weak against Holy based magick and holy weapon enchantment.
- Immune to thunder based magick - if a possessed pawn is struck with a thunder enchanted weapon it will not break the Phantasm's hold on the pawn.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks when they possess allies.
- Physically attacking them often results in their disappearance and becoming temporarily intangible. They will reappear after a few seconds in the exact spot they were struck.
- Melee attacks are ineffective - unenchanted weapons may inflict a very small amount of damage, less than 10hp.
- Usually appear in groups of two or three.
- A Phantasm's hold on a pawn can also be ended by grabbing and carrying the pawn.
- For approximately 12 seconds at a time, Phantasms will extend their "hands" out to latch onto the party. After the 12 seconds expire, the Phantasm will resume free-floating for at least 4 seconds before it resumes its attack.
- When adventuring solo, a ghost's possession attack may sometimes be broken physically by throwing an item whilst possessed.
- Phantasms absorb the same amount of health as Phantoms when possessing, but do so more often.
- The Wight at the Miasmic Haunt will cast Unholy Anodyne specifically to heal the Phantasms there.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
Enemy specific :
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Phantasms either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.