Phantasms are electrically charged Ghosts commonly found in Gransys. They share similar abilities and properties of their lesser cousins, the Phantoms, including their immunity to physical attacks, but are stronger than those.
Phantasms are naturally electrified; physical contact may inflict Thundershock. They will cling onto their victims, affect their movement and drain their health rapidly. Pawns slain by Phantasms in this manner cannot be revived by the Arisen, become forfeit and must be re-hired from a Riftstone.
| Base Experience of 780
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
- § Except when possessing a victim
|Light Possession||Spec||Grabs onto a target's head, and drains very small amounts of health for around half a minute afore leaving its host. Whilst possessing an ally, the ghost is vulnerable to physical attacks.
Whilst in possession of a host, the ghost restores its health.
|Heavy Possession||Spec||Grabs onto the head and upper body of a target, and drains large amounts of health every few seconds until its host dies. Whilst possessing a host, the ghost is vulnerable to physical attacks.|
|Fade||Spec||The Phantasm will fade out of this plane to avoid damage for a time. When it reappears, it will be where it was before.|
|Floating Charge||Spec||This is the primary mode of moving. It will rush at targets, causing Stagger and dealing Lightning damage.|
|Ghostly Discharge||Spec|| Starts glowing purple, increases in size and eventually discharge with thunderbolts, causing damage and staggering any near it.
The discharge also sometimes silences
- Pawns whose health is reduced to zero by the possession attacks are returned to the Rift immediately and cannot be revived.
- The Legion's Might staff can't revive pawns slain by ghosts in this manner.
- Whilst under the influence of ghosts, Pawns will not use healing curatives.
- Vulnerable to magick attacks.
- Weak against Holy based magick and holy weapon enchantment.
- Immune to thunder based magick - if a possessed pawn is struck with a thunder enchanted weapon it will not break the Phantasm's hold on the pawn.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks when they possess allies.
- Physically attacking them often results in their disappearance and becoming temporarily intangible. They will reappear after a few seconds in the exact spot they were struck.
- A Phantasm's hold on a pawn can also be ended by grabbing and carrying the pawn.
- When adventuring solo, a ghost's possession attack may sometimes be broken physically by throwing an item, or by throwing an explosive against a nearby wall.
- The Wight at the Miasmic Haunt will cast Unholy Anodyne specifically to heal the Phantasms there.
- Resistant to Great Sacrifice if directly hit.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
Enemy specific :
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Phantasms either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- "Lightning courses through them!"
- "The hairs on my neck stands on end..."
- "Don't allow it to possess you!"
- "It drawd the life from its host!"
- "I feel pins and needles... Phantasms, Master."
- Phantasms absorb the same amount of health as Phantoms when possessing, but do so more often.
- For approximately 12 seconds at a time, Phantasms will extend their "hands" out to latch onto the party. After the 12 seconds expire, the Phantasm will resume free-floating for at least 4 seconds before it resumes its attack.
- Melee attacks are ineffective - unenchanted weapons may inflict a very small amount of damage, less than 10hp.
- Usually appear in groups of two or three.