- For the assassin named Phantom, see Phantom (bandit).
Phantoms are ghost like creatures common in Gransys. They appear during the night and in ominous places like dungeons. Phantoms have the power to cling onto allies and possess them, affecting their movement and draining health rapidly. Pawns slain by Phantoms in this manner cannot be revived by the Arisen and become forfeit.
| Base Experience of 380
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Information from : Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' , and from in-game testing..|
- § Except when possessing a victim
|Possession (Pawn)||Spec||Attempts to possess a Pawn. If it succeeds, the Pawn will take constant damage until it is freed or it dies and becomes forfeit.|
|Possession (Arisen)||Mag||When the Arisen is possessed, continuous damage is sustained until the Phantom lets go by itself or is hit by Pawns.|
|Fade||Spec||The Phantom will fade out of this plane to avoid damage for a time. When it reappears, it will be where it was before.|
|Floating Charge||Spec||This is the primary mode of moving. It will rush at targets, knocking them back but dealing no damage.|
A Phantom which passes through a Pawn or the Arisen may inflict a debilitation, commonly Silence.
- Vulnerable to magic attacks.
- Weak against Holy magic, and holy weapon enchanments.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks when they possess allies.
- When adventuring solo a ghost's possession attack may sometimes be broken physically by throwing an item whilst possessed.
- Weak to Holy
- Witness a possession and free the possessed
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Phantoms either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
The scroll Ghost Tactics Vol. 2 grants Phantom specific knowledge.
More information can be found on the Pawn Bestiary Knowledge page.
Other ghost creatures
- Physically attacking them often results in their disappearance and becoming temporarily intangible. They will reappear after a few seconds in the exact spot they were struck.
- Melee attacks are ineffective - unenchanted weapons may inflict a very small amount of damage, less than 10hp
- Usually appear in groups of three or more.