- For the assassin named Phantom, see Nameless Terror.
Phantoms are ghostlike creatures common in Gransys. They appear during the night and in ominous places like underground dungeons. Phantoms have the power to cling onto their victims and possess them, affecting their movement and draining health rapidly. Pawns slain by Phantoms in this manner cannot be revived by the Arisen and become forfeit.
| Base Experience of 380
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
- § Except when possessing a victim
|Light Possession||Spec||Grabs onto a target's head, and drains small amounts of health for around half a minute afore leaving its host. Whilst possessing an ally the ghost is vulnerable to physical attacks.
May restore health to the ghost.(verify)
|Heavy Possession||Spec||Grabs onto the head and upper body of a target, and drains large amounts of health every few seconds until its host dies. Whilst possessing an ally the ghost is vulnerable to physical attacks.|
|Fade||Spec||The Phantom will fade out of this plane to avoid damage for a time. When it reappears, it will be where it was before.|
|Floating Charge||Spec||This is the primary mode of moving. It will rush at targets, staggering and potentially causing Silence.|
|Ghostly Discharge||Spec||Starts pulsating, increases in size and eventually discharges, causing stagger and may inflict Silence to anyone near it.|
- Pawns whose health is reduced to zero by the possession attacks are returned to the rift immediately and cannot be revived.
- Whilst under the influence of ghosts, Pawns will not use healing curatives.
- Vulnerable to magick attacks.
- Weak against Holy magick, and holy weapon enchantments.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks when they possess allies.
- When adventuring solo, a ghost's possession attack may sometimes be broken physically by throwing an item.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Holy
- Witness a possession and free the possessed
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Phantoms either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
The scroll Ghost Tactics Vol. 2 grants Phantom specific knowledge.
More information can be found on the Bestiary page.
Other ghost creatures
- The amount of damage done by their heavy possession attack seems roughly equivalent to either the core strength or defense of the host - usually a little more.
- Melee attacks are ineffective - unenchanted weapons may inflict a very small amount of damage, less than 10hp.
- Usually appear in groups of three or more.