Portcrystal is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
"A marker to be placed anywhere one might wish to return; use of a Ferrystone will transport you there in an instant."
Portcrystals are items that can be placed in the world and teleported to with a Ferrystone. Portcrystals can be picked up and set down whenever one wishes to relocate it. Use of a Ferrystone with one or more Portcrystals deployed, will open a map with a list of all deployed Portcrystal locations displayed, allowing the player to pick one to port to, including Gran Soren.
With the Dark Arisen expansion, the Arisen can find their first Portcrystal at the bottom of the first encounter of The Everfall in the center of the Flameservant's Throne. Otherwise the first Portcrystal is found at the top of Bluemoon Tower during the Griffin's Bane or Wyrmking's Ring quests.
There are several locations where Portcrystals can be found:
- Sitting on top of the Flameservant's Throne - Everfall (before Post-Game).
- Inside the cave of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll.
- Inside one of the prison cells within The Shadow Fort.
- Past the door leading into the second area of Witchwood [Behind Gravestone]
- Sitting between two chests at the top of Bluemoon Tower.
Portcrystal is also the name of a small site where the Arisen can always instantly transport to when in possession of a Ferrystone. It will be automatically found and its location drawn on the mini map of Gran Soren upon first transportation to it or by walking past it. These types of Portcrystals are different as they cannot be picked up, thus acting as a permanent teleport location.
With the Dark Arisen expansion, the Arisen can find their first permanent Portcrystal located just outside of Cassardis. Otherwise the only permanent portcrystal found with the original Dragon's Dogma is located in Gran Soren.
There are only a couple of locations where these type of Portcrystals can be found:
- Outside the gate of Cassardis.
- Inside of Gran Soren in the Craftsman's Quarter next to the Pawn Guild.
- Outside near the entrance of Bitterblack Isle.
2 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 2 Star Enhancement of Dragon's Flight.
3 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 3 Star Enhancement of Conqueror's Mantle.
- Placed Portcrystals can be picked up to place it elsewhere.
- A Portcrystal cannot be placed inside areas like cities, caves, dungeons, etc. Portcrystals can only be placed in the outside world of Gransys.
- Only 10 Portcrystals can be placed at one time, this excludes the permanent Portcrystal in Gran Soren. With the introduction of Dark Arisen, two more permanent locations were added; outside of Cassardis and outside of Bitterblack Isle, both do not count towards the 10 Portcrystal limit.
- It is ill-advised to have the scrivener at The Black Cat duplicate as the Portcrystal Forgery will not function properly as with many tools with magickal properties.
- Deployed Portcrystals will remain where they are if New Game Plus is started.
- Portcrystals taken from the first play-through will respawn if New Game Plus is started, effectively allowing the Arisen to collect them again.
- In New Game Plus, Portcrystals can be purchased from the scrivener at The Black Cat shop for 200,000 gold.