Portcrystal is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
"A marker to be placed anywhere one might wish to return; use of a Ferrystone will transport you there in an instant."
Portcrystals are items that can be placed in the world and teleported to with a Ferrystone. Portcrystals can be picked up and set down whenever one wishes to relocate it. Use of a Ferrystone with one or more Portcrystals deployed, will open a map with a list of all deployed Portcrystal locations displayed, allowing the player to pick one to port to, including Gran Soren.
- The Dark Arisen expansion added four additional locations where Portcrystals can be found, the first Portcrystal can be found in the first encounter of The Everfall in the center of the Flameservant's Throne.
There are several locations where Portcrystals can be found:
- Can be purchased from Montebank at the Black Cat in Gran Soren (in New Game Plus) for 200,000 G (unlimited stock).
- Sitting on top of the Flameservant's Throne - Everfall (before Post-Game). (DA only)
- Inside the cave of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll. (DA only)
- Inside one of the prison cells within The Shadow Fort. (DA only)
- Past the door leading into the second area of Witchwood (Behind Gravestone). (DA only)
- Sitting between two chests at the top of Bluemoon Tower. (DD and DA)
Portcrystal is also the name of a small site where the Arisen can always instantly transport to when in possession of a Ferrystone. It will be automatically found and its location drawn on the mini map of Gran Soren upon first transportation to it or by walking past it. These types of Portcrystals are different as they cannot be picked up, thus acting as a permanent teleport location.
The first Permanent Portcrystal is located in Gran Soren.
- The Dark Arisen expansion added two additional locations where Permanent Portcrystals can be found, the first located just outside of Cassardis.
There are only a couple of locations where these type of Portcrystals can be found:
- Outside the gate of Cassardis. (DA only)
- Inside of Gran Soren in the Craftsman's Quarter next to the Pawn Guild. (DD and DA)
- Outside near the entrance of Bitterblack Isle. (DA only)
2 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 2 Star Enhancement of Dragon's Flight.
3 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 3 Star Enhancement of Conqueror's Mantle.
- Placed Portcrystals can be picked up again and placed elsewhere an unlimited number of times.
- Cannot be placed inside areas like cities, caves, dungeons, etc.
- Cannot be placed anywhere within Bitterblack Isle.
- Can only be placed in the outside (outdoor) world of Gransys.
- Only 10 Portcrystals can be placed around the world at any one time. The permanent Portcrystal in Gran Soren and the two additional permanent locations added in Dark Arisen (outside of Cassardis and outside of Bitterblack Isle) do not count towards this limit.
- It is pointless to have Montebank at The Black Cat in Gran Soren duplicate Portcrystals, as the Portcrystal Forgery will not have the transversal properties of a real Portcrystal. An even bigger reason is the fact that it costs 300k gold for a forgery, and a regular portcrystal(which Montebank sells in NG+) is only 200k. So even if forgeries DID work it would be unwise to forge them.
- Deployed Portcrystals placed by the Arisen will remain where they are when New Game Plus is started.
- Portcrystals picked up from the first play-through (like in the Bluemoon Tower and Shadow Fort) will respawn when New Game Plus is started, effectively allowing the Arisen to collect them again.