Portcrystal is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
- "A marker to be placed anywhere one might wish to return; use of a Ferrystone will transport you there in an instant."
- "Traversal item."
Portcrystals are items that can be placed in the world and teleported to with a Ferrystone. Portcrystals can be picked up and set down whenever one wishes to relocate it. Use of a Ferrystone with one or more Portcrystals deployed, will open a map with a list of all deployed Portcrystal locations displayed, allowing the player to pick one to port to, including Gran Soren.
Permanent portcrystal sites are found in a few key locations of Gransys - they consist of several darkened Portcrystal stones embedded in the ground forming a ring.
The Dark Arisen expansion added two additional locations where Permanent Portcrystals can be found, the first located just outside of Cassardis, and another outside near the entrance of Bitterblack Isle.
Four further Portcrystals were added in the Dark Arisen expansion - the first of which is found on the Flameservant's Throne in the The Everfall. In the cave of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll; inside one of the prison cells within The Shadow Fort; and just within the passage under the Witch's House leading into the second area of Witchwood.
2 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 2 Star Enhancement of Dragon's Flight.
3 Star Enhancement
- 1x for 3 Star Enhancement of Conqueror's Mantle.
- Placed Portcrystals can be picked up again and placed elsewhere an unlimited number of times.
- Cannot be placed inside areas like cities, caves, dungeons, etc.
- Cannot be placed anywhere within Bitterblack Isle.
- Can only be placed in the outside (outdoor) world of Gransys.
- Only 10 portable Portcrystals can be placed around the world at any one time.
- Portcrystals can be forged but the Portcrystal Forgery does not have the transversal properties of a real Portcrystal. It costs 300,000 gold for a forgery, whilst a working portcrystal costs only 200,000 gold.
- Deployed Portcrystals placed by the Arisen will remain where they are when New Game Plus is started.
- Portcrystals picked up from the first play-through will respawn in New Game Plus, allowing the Arisen to collect them again.