Portcrystal is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
Portcrystals are items that can be placed in the world and teleported to with a Ferrystone. Portcrystals can be picked up and set down whenever one wishes to relocate it. When you use a Ferrystone with one or more Portcrystals deployed, it will open the map and a list of your Portcrystal locations will be displayed, allowing you to pick one, including Gran Soren.
The Arisen can find their first portcrystal at the bottom of the first encounter of the everfall just on top of the objective plate. It is ill-advised to have the scrivener at The Black Cat duplicate it as it will not function properly. It costs 300,000G to create a forgery.
A Portcrystal cannot be placed inside areas like cities, caves, dungeons, etc. You may only place a Portcrystal in the outside world of Gransys.
Portcrystal in-game main description: "A marker to be placed anywhere one might wish to return; use of a ferrystone will transport you there in an instant."
Alternate explanation: "Traversal item."
With the Dark Arisen expansion you can place 10 port crystals whenever, instead of just NG+, and ferry stones are only 2000, 1000 at Fournival, gold each. There are also several locations where Portcrystals can be found.
- The Everfall where the invincible Evil Eye spawns.
- Shadow Fort inside one of the prison cells.
- The back part of Witchwood near the gravestone.
- Inside the Dragonforged's dwelling.
- 1x for 3 Star Enhancement of Conqueror's Mantle.
Portcrystal also is the name of a small site where the Arisen can always instantly transport to when in possession of a Ferrystone. It will be automatically found and its location drawn on the 'Neighborhood' map of Gran Soren upon first transportation to it or by walking past it.
- You can purchase Ferrystones from the merchant at the Black Cat shop for 20,000 (2,000 gold as of Dark Arisin) gold each. You can also purchase them from Fournival for 10,000 gold each (As of Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisin 1,000 gold) (9,000 if you have him acquitted (limit of three, they do respawn).
- If one duplicates a portcrystal at the Black Cat, the duplicate will not work, effectively wasting 300,000 gold.
- You can place only 10 portcrystals at a time. (The portcrystals near the pawn guild do not count).
- Deployed Portcrystals will remain where they are once you start New Game+.
- Portcrystals can only be purchased in New Game+ for 200,000G at the Black Cat shop in Gran Soren.
- You can pick up a placed Portcrystal to place it elsewhere.
- A portcrystal can be found in Bluemoon Tower at the very top of the ruins; typically encountered during the quest Griffin's Bane. If you killed the Griffin too early and did not journey to the Bluemoon Tower, then you will have another chance during The Wyrmking's Ring.
- During a first playthrough you can place only one Portcrystal plus the fixed one in Gran Soren. During a New Game+ you can purchase additional ones from The Black Cat shop. This is no longer the case if you own the Dark Arisen expansion.