Post-Game (also known as Post-Dragon) is the state of the game after the defeat of the Dragon during The Final Battle. Gran Soren is partially destroyed during the opening of The Everfall and the world becomes darker and more dangerous; the sky becomes very dark and cloudy, and strange, more powerful monsters roam the lands.
Quests at Stage 7
Changes to Gran Soren
The Everfall itself is drastically changed in structure (see Post-Dragon Everfall), and becomes host to monsters far more dangerous than previously seen, including Gorechimera, Evil Eye, Archydra and Liches, as well as the Ur-Dragon.
Upon completion of the quest A Warm Welcome, you will also be branded a traitor by the Duke and will be attacked and pursued by the Guards if the Noble Quarter is entered.
- Asalam (Union Inn) moves in to the Pawn Guild.
- Devyn (The Barber Shop) is in a tent in the fields outside the Craftsman's Quarter.
- Montebank (The Black Cat) moves in behind the alehouse.
- Arsmith's Alehouse is partially destroyed, but Arsmith himself and the Notice Board are unaffected.
- If Madeleine had not been forced to leave Gran Soren during the quest Bad Business she will have moved her shop to the Gran Soren fields.
- If the quest was uncompleted, Madeleine will move to the fields, but without a shop. (If the quest was completed she will have moved to Cassardis, and so will be unaffected.)
- Ser Alfonso moves from the Greatwall Encampment to the camp in the Field at the north gate.
- If still alive and not in prison, Fournival will still walk around the Alehouse and Craftsman's Quarter.
- His house, however, will be somewhat inconvenient to reach in post-game because of the guards near his home.
- However, he will always walk to the Black Cat in the afternoon (10-20 minutes after resting until morning). He will walk down the stairwell nearest to the pawn guild.
Changes to Cassardis
Some people will move to Cassardis after The Final Battle.
- Madeleine will be in the inn if you rescued her during the quest Bad Business.
- The rescued beloved will move to your house in Cassardis.
Changes to Gransys
Visibility throughout Gransys becomes poor, as the sky is dark even during the day. Additionally, fiercer and more dangerous monsters appear in several locations.
- A Drake will appear west of Gran Soren on the road heading to the Ancient Quarry mine.
- A special lesser Wyrm takes over the large main chamber in The Watergod's Altar.
- A Wyvern makes its home in the high altar at the Bluemoon Tower; Wyverns also initially spawn right outside Gran Soren near Cape Pactforge and afterwards, the Conquest Road near Windbluff Tower.
- See also Special Lesser Dragons
- A Cockatrice spawns in place of a Griffin at the Eradication Site; as well as at Leapers Ledge in Soulflayer Canyon and in Chamber of Apprehension in the Everfall.
- A Gorechimera appears at the Unusual Beach, and replaces a Chimera in the Barta Crags.
- An Ogre appears on a minor road through Moonsbit Pass together with Grimgoblins.
- A Golem appears at a high point through the Moonsbit Pass main route.
- Two Cyclopes once again take over The Shadow Fort, together with some Goblins.
- Gargoyles appear outside Gran Soren's south gate.
- Geo Saurians inhabit the main road through Moonsbit Pass.
- Giant Undead wander the Manamia Trail between The Mountain Waycastle and the Encampment.
- Grimgoblins replace the goblins on the Seabreeze Trail. and also appear on a minor road through Moonsbit Pass.
- Hellhounds spawn around Gran Soren and on the Manamia and Seabreeze trails.
- Skeleton Lords rise from the dead along Moonsbit Pass together with other Skeletons, and at the Mountain Cottage during the night.
- Succubi hover and circle in the air outside Gran Soren's south gate, on the Cobal Coast near the Mountain Waycastle and on the Manamia trail near its junction with the road to the Vestad Hills
The Everfall (Post-Dragon) is changed substantially on the death of Grigori, with it opening up and much of Gran-Soren collapsing into it - it then becomes host to a variety of the fiercest monsters.
- Some people dislike the post-game dark skies, and use a glitch to be able to play the post-game with clear skies. A guide to performing the glitch is given at Dragon's Dogma Clear Skies Post Game Guide (www.youtube.com)
- In the PC version you can easily edit your save file to have the same effect without using the glitch.