Rancid Bait Meat is an item available in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
- "A hunk of flesh redolent with a sickly sweet aroma. Place it within an area of Bitterblack Isle to increase the chance of carrion-feeding monsters appearing."
- Sold by Barroch after completion of the Quest Eyes of the Deep.
- Can be obtained by purifying Bitterblack Novelty Lv.1.
- May be found in chests throughout Bitterblack Isle, including in the Midnight Helix
The effect lasts for a set period of time, therefore it is possible to attract multiple monsters with one piece of Bait Meat. Set the Meat, kill the spawning monster, then leave and re-enter the area. Very often another monster will appear. If you are quick, you can produce 2 - 4 spawns with one piece of Meat.
This can be used to farm Garms, Elder Ogres or Cursed Dragons for their respective quests.
The table below lists the locations and their corresponding spawns. Death spawns more frequently post-Daimon. Many areas have two sets of spawns - for example, in the Garden of Ignominy post-Daimon, if members of the Goblin family are present, Garm will appear when Rancid Bait Meat is used, but if members of the Saurian family are present, Death will appear. Refer to the location pages for specific details.
2 Star Enhancement
- 2x for 2 Star Enhancement of Purged Buckler.