10 Rift Crystals
Beside himself with grief, a father named Austine begs you deliver miraculous stones that might bring his departed son back to life.
Deliver a Wakestone to Austine.
- Obtain a Wakestone and give it to Austine.
- The Wakestones' power pulled Austine's son back from beyond death's veil. Quest reward received.
This quest becomes available after completing Off With Its Head. Speak with Austine in the Craftsman's Quarter and he will tell you about his son Wilhem who can only be revived by a Wakestone. He has been collecting shards of a Wakestone, but he doesn't have enough. He asks for your help in completing the Wakestone.
Deliver a Wakestone to AustineEdit
Once you've accepted the quest Austine will give you two Wakestone Shards. In order to create a complete Wakestone one more shard is required. There are a number of ways to obtain this shard, but the eassiest way would be to venture into the Everfall and get it there.
It is highly advised to combine this quest with the quest Lure of the Abyss as there will be a Wakestone shard at the bottom of the Everfall, but only after accepting the quest from Austine. For more information on how to get this item in the Everfall see the quest Lure of the Abyss.
If in any way you have lost the shards or the full item prior to giving it to Austine there are other ways of obtaining shards:
- It can be bought from Fournival for 15,000 gold.
- It can be bought from Montebank at The Black Cat for 30,000 gold
- A shard can be found in a chest on the rooftops of the Venery, in a tiny attic-like room, accessible via a slanting roof, not far from the ladder in the southwestern corner of the Venery. (Note this shard is a forgery and will not form a wakestone)
- A shard can be found in the heart of Hillfigure Knoll.
- There is a Wakestone shard at The Abbey in the Wilted Forest, it's located behind the church in front of a gravestone.
- There is a wakestone shard at the top of the mid-level tower of the "The Ruins of Aernst Castle"
Once you've obtained three shards it will turn into a Wakestone. All shards must be in your inventory for this to happen. When you have the Wakestone return to Austine and use the stone on Wilhem to revive him.
After completing the quest Wilhem returns to life and you get the quest reward.