- "Beside himself with grief, a father named Austine begs you deliver miraculous stones that might bring his departed son back to life."
Hear a father's grief, and attempt to assuage it.
The blacksmith Austine mourns his sickly son Wilhem, who seems as death, or trapped between life and death with some sickness - hear his request for a legendary Wakestone he hopes can bring his beloved son back to life.
Collect or buy a third wakestone shard - the shards will automagickally form a wakestone when kept together in the Arisen's inventory. Use the wakestone on Wilhem to complete the quest.
- This quest must be completed before advancing too much into the main storyline, or it will be too late to revive poor Wilhem.
- There will be a Wakestone shard at the bottom of the Everfall, which only appears after accepting the quest. For more information, see also Lure of the Abyss, a quest which leads to the first entry of the Everfall, and is contemporary to this quest.
- For more information on possible locations of shards, see Wakestone Shard.
- Using a Wakestone to resurrectWilhem without talking to Austine will accept and finish this quest simultaneously.