- "A wandering merchant who travels the length of the peninsula. He is always on the lookout for rare items."
Reynard is a traveling peddler, wandering all around Gransys to sell his wares. He can also provide services for enhancing equipment.
Reynard's backstory and main questline is told in the quest Search Party; which involves gathering rare objects for him from across Gransys. In return, his inventory of purchaseable equipment expands with each collection, oft featuring rare clothing, armor, and enchanted weaponry that may not be found otherwise.
Other quests include the escort quest to The Greatwall in the Peddler's Petition which is available early in the game from the Union Inn, Grans Soren. Post-Game, the quest Committed to Memory requires collection of 10 pieces of Gran Soren Rubble.
Reynard may also supply affidavits of dubious provenance during the Trial and Tribulations quest.
- Caution! Completion of the Search Party quest removes him from the game until New Game Plus, unless he becomes the Arisen's beloved.
After completing the quest Off With Its Head, he travels from one location to another, working as a traveling vendor.
He appears to have a fixed circular itinerary, traveling from one place to another in order, staying at each place a day or two. In order :
- Cassardis, across the street from Pablos' Inn.
- The Encampment, near the southern entrance.
- Gran Soren, around Fountain Square during the day and in the Union Inn at night.
- Greatwall Encampment, next to the Riftstone.
- Rest Camp, Devilfire Grove
Some of the items listed are related to the quest Search Party. Part 1 indicates after giving him Scrap Iron and Part 2 indicates after giving him Miasmite as part of the quest (not as a gift). If Parts 1 & 2 of Search Party are completeed early in the game (as early as stage 1), Reynard will sell some high quality items much earlier in the game than they would otherwise be available.
Much of Reynard's basic weapons & armor are sold only at Stage 1, i.e. when he's located at The Encampment, before the Quest Off With Its Head is completed. Completion of that Quest moves the game into Stage 2, grants access to the Gran Soren vendors, triggers Reynard to start moving between locations and removes the items listed as 'Stage 1 only' from his stock.
- The 'Amount In Stock' for some items increases depending on how far the player is through the game.
- For details of the numbered stages, see Story Progression Stages, or the overview article 'Quests'.
|Small Nut||20-48||65 G||Stage 1|
|Large Nut||12-22||125 G||Stage 1|
|Twigbean||10||25 G||Stage 2|
|Moldy Berry||6-10||150 G||Stage 2|
|Moldy Apple||3-4||375 G||Stage 2|
|Greenwarish||5||70 G||Stage 1|
|Mushroom||5||50 G||Stage 1|
|Absorbent Rag||4||120 G||Stage 1|
|Interventive||3-7||1,300 G||Stage 2|
|Empty Flask||2-7||20 G||Stage 1|
|Flask of Water||2-9||90 G||Stage 1|
|Flask of Oil||2||175 G||Stage 1|
|Festival Pie||8||20 G||Stage 1|
|Brick||6||70 G||Stage 4|
|Copper Ore||4-5||450 G||Stage 1|
|Silver Ore||2||1,500 G||Stage 2|
|Gold Ore||1||4,500 G||Stage 4|
|Hemp||5||300 G||Stage 1|
|Wool-Cloth||4||1,050 G||Stage 2|
|Silk||2||3,600 G||Stage 4|
|Pine Branch||7||150 G||Stage 1|
|Cedar Branch||6||450 G||Stage 2|
|Chestnut Branch||5||638 G||Stage 4|
|Rabbit Pelt||4||370 G||Stage 1|
|Snakeskin||4||220 G||Stage 1|
|Spider Venom||3||170 G||Stage 1|
|Hunk of Ore||2||30 G||Stage 2|
|Wormwood Sap||5||250 G||Stage 4|
|Iron Blade Piece||2||880 G||Stage 4|
|Curious Wine||1||650 G||Stage 6|
|Small Fang||2||120 G||Stage 2|
|Large Fang||2||830 G||Stage 4|
|Saurian Scale||2||825 G||Stage 2|
|Poison Sac||2||470 G||Stage 4|
|Striped Saurian Skin||2||2,240 G||Stage 4|
|Harpy Pinion||2||100 G||Stage 2|
|Elongated Claw||1||300 G||Stage 4|
|Glacial Pinion||1||1,280 G||Stage 4|
|Rugged Bone||1||4,815 G||Stage 4|
|Rugged Tusk||1||3,795 G||Stage 6|
|Sweet Pollen||5||110 G||Stage 2|
|Flammica||3||270 G||Stage 2|
|Imperial Acid||2||1,130 G||Stage 4|
|Cloudwine||12||780 G||Stage 2|
|Nurse Log Sap||3||620 G||Stage 2|
|Gran Soren Rubble||8||10 G||Stage 2|
|Shackle||10||490 G||Stage 2|
|Rusted Sword||1-3||500 G||Stage 2|
|Rusted Mace||1||500 G||Stage 2|
|Rusted Greatsword||1||500 G||Stage 4|
|Rusted Warhammer||1||500 G||Stage 6|
|Rusted Daggers||1||500 G||Stage 2|
|Rusted Staff||1||500 G||Stage 4|
|Rusted Archistaff||1||500 G||Stage 6|
|Rusted Shield||1-2||500 G||Stage 2|
|Rusted Magick Shield||1||500 G||Stage 6|
|Rusted Bow||1||500 G||Stage 4|
|Rusted Longbow||1||500 G||Stage 4|
|Rusted Spellbow||2||500 G||Stage 6|
|Trusty Sword||1||2,700 G||Stage 1 only|
|Throatcutters||1||2,520 G||Stage 1 only|
|Ironclad Staff||1||2,570 G||Stage 1 only|
|Pelta||1||2,160 G||Stage 1 only|
|Shortbow||1||600 G||Stage 1 only|
|Eden's Warden||1||36,200 G||After Pt 1 of Search Party|
|Caladbolg||1||87,800 G||After Pt 2 of Search Party|
|Feather-Light Pelta||1||18,700 G||After Pt 1 of Search Party|
|Scorched Pelta||1||63,200 G||After Pt 2 of Search Party|
|Leather Cap||1||440 G||Stage 1 only|
|Red Leather Cap||1||7,610 G||Stage 2|
|Incognito Mask||1||6,870 G||After Pt 1 of Search Party|
|Bandit's Mask||1||5,820 G||After Pt 1 of Search Party|
|Hemp Shirt||1||1,140 G||Stage 1 only|
|Linen Shirt||2||1,050 G||Stage 1 only|
|Leather Chestguard||1||1,210 G||Stage 1 only|
|Bandages||1||450 G||Stage 1|
|Brigandine Jerkin||1||13,800 G||Stage 4|
|Hunter's Shirt||1||19,100 G||Stage 4|
|Chainmail Bracers||1||8,620 G||Stage 2|
|Chestguard||1||3,340 G||Stage 1 only|
|Sectional Armor||1||3,600 G||Stage 1 only|
|Healer's Robe||1||2,310 G||Stage 1 only|
|Mummer's Wear||1||23,110 G||After Pt 2 of Search Party|
|Leather Belts||1||3,080 G||Stage 1|
|Bone Plate Armor||1||4,520 G||After Pt 1 of Search Party|
|Bone Armor||1||14,640 G||After Pt 2 of Search Party|
|Scale Coat||1||22,700 G||After Pt 1 of Search Party|
|Padded Armor||1||15,600 G||Stage 2|
|Flutter Padding||1||43,000 G||Stage 4|
|Scholar's Bangle||1||960 G||Stage 1 only|
|Novice's Bracers||1||1,320 G||Stage 1 only|
|Funnybone Guards||2||1,040 G||Stage 1|
|Leather Gloves||2||8,740 G||Stage 2|
|Arm Crest||1||41,800 G||Stage 6|
|Navy Leather Gloves||1||33,480 G||After Pt 2 of Search Party|
|Assailant's Bracers||1||24,160 G||After Pt 2 of Search Party|
|Scale Armguard||1||16,620 G||After Pt 1 of Search Party|
|Leather Bandings||1||420 G||Stage 1 only|
|Hemp Hosen||1||960 G||Stage 1 only|
|Worker's Pants||2||840 G||Stage 1 only|
|Yellow Gaiters||1||2,150 G||Stage 1|
|Denim Hosen||3||5,100 G||Stage 2|
|Black Gaiters||1||14,400 G||Stage 4|
|Huntsman's Trousers||1||16,800 G||Stage 4|
|Half Chain Hosen||2||2,720 G||Stage 2|
|Leather Shoes||1||280 G||Stage 1 only|
|Novice Breeches||1||680 G||Stage 1 only|
|Fur Greaves||1||1,310 G||Stage 1 only|
|Metal Greaves||1||1,440 G||Stage 1 only|
|Scale Greaves||1||7,850 G||After Pt 1 of Search Party|
|Downcuffs & Cuisses||1||8,120 G||Stage 2|
|Striker's Greaves||1||31,340 G||After Pt 2 of Search Party|
|Assembled Breeches||1||34,500 G||Stage 4|
|Iron Leg Guards||1||2,530 G||Stage 2|
|Shoulder Cape||1||3,300 G||Stage 1|
|Ebon Neck Wrap||1||4,200 G||Stage 2|
|Violet Neck Wrap||1||6,320 G||Stage 4|
|Harpy Cloak||1||5,300 G||After Pt 2 of Search Party|
|Rose Ring||1||30,000 G||Stage 2|
|Violet Ring||1||30,000 G||Stage 2|
|Iris Ring||1||30,000 G||Stage 4|
Special Quest Items can be bought only during the Trial and Tribulations quest.
Only one item by rank can be bought. Doing so will automatically unlock the next rank items.
|Type||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3||Rank 4|
|Price||3,000 G||5,000 G||7,000 G||9,000 G|
|Guilt Items||Dirty Affidavit||Moldy Affidavit||Worn Affidavit||Ripped Affidavit|
|Innocence Items||Soiled Affidavit||Tattered Affidavit||Sweat-Stained Affidavit||Blurred Affidavit|
- If Reynard is not rescued during the initial encounter from the Goblins en route to The Encampment, he will be removed from the game until New Game+.
- Reynard may be hard to keep track of while he is moving about :
- At three points during the quest Search Party his location will be indicated with a map marker. Neglecting to complete his item requests will leave the quest active, making him easier to find whilst his shop and services will still be available.
- Reynard can also be "found" by waiting to 10am at one of his rest points, and if he does not arrive, sleep to the next day. Checking at Cassardis and the Encampment during the same day improves the chances of finding him. This method is reliable (if somewhat time consuming), but has merit in that it is far cheaper than using Ferrystones, requiring only 50G per stay at the Pablos' Inn.
- An imported save from the original Dragon's Dogma into Dark Arisen makes Reynard's outfit, the Set of Fop's Trek Wear available to buy.
- Search Party is one of the quests required for The Hero secret trophy or achievement.