Rift Stone is an environmental object found in Dragon's Dogma.
|Rift Stones Location||Notes|
|Cassardis||Near the gate|
|Encampment||Within the Command Tent, in the back|
|Gran Soren||Located within the Pawn Guild|
|Catacombs||Outside of the Main Entrance|
|Bluemoon Tower||Outside of the Tower|
|Greatwall Encampment||Next to the gate|
|Rest Camp in Devilfire Grove||Near the merchant, Jayce|
|Travelers' Rest||Near the Innkeeper, Ser Octavio|
|The Abbey||Outside of The Abbey, near the entrance|
|Bitterblack Isle||0 (already repaired)|
|Ward of Regret||3,500|
|The Warriors' Respite||5,000|
|Corridor of Emptiness||5,000|
|Fortress of Remembrance||15,000|
|Corridor of the Hallowed||10,000|
|The Arisen's Refuge||25,000|
|Sparyard of Scant Mercy||25,000|
|The Fallen City||35,000|
There are a total of ten Rift Stones in Bitterblack Isle. Of these, nine are broken and must be repaired prior to use, necessitating a payment of Rift Crystals. As the player travels deeper into Bitterblack Isle, the repair costs become more expensive.
- Time in the Rift and the rest of the world are not connected, so no matter how much time is spent in the Rift, the outside world will remain unchanged.
- When an Arisen's Main Pawn dies, touching a Rift Stone will revive it free of charge.
- Standing next to a Rift Stone will fully heal the Arisen's pawns and restore stamina. Entering a Rift Stone will clear all debilitations from the party.
- There is a special Rift Stone that appears in Cassardis during New Game Plus, which will transport the Arisen and their party directly to the Chamber of Lament in The Everfall where the Ur-Dragon awaits those brave enough to face it.
- Rift Stones can gradually decay, as the From A Different Sky questline states on the Badge of Vows the Arisen collects: "Rift Stones eroded by time".
- Once a broken Rift Stone is repaired, the Arisen will not have to do so again upon subsequent visits. This repair lasts for the lifetime of the save game file; if the game is re-started using the "New Game" prompt, these Rift Stones will be broken again.
- Rift Stones can also be used to establish a checkpoint save for the player to return to, if necessary. Loading from a checkpoint will return the player to the time they last enter the Rift or rested at an Inn, whichever was most recent. Use your discretion, as a checkpoint save is typically older than the soft saves the game makes as the player's party moves from zone to zone. Restoring from a checkpoint can then erase significant progress.