Rift Stone is an environmental object found in Dragon's Dogma.
The Arisen's first significant interaction with a rift stone forms part of the quest Call of the Arisen.
|Cassardis||Near the gate, next to the Barn|
|Command Headquarters tent||At The Encampment|
|Pawn Guild||Located within the Gran Soren pawn guild|
|Deos Hills||Outside of the main Catacombs entrance|
|Bluemoon Tower||Outside of the Tower, on Cutlass Cape|
|Greatwall Encampment||Next to the main gate to The Greatwall|
|Rest Camp in Devilfire Grove||-|
|The Abbey||Outside of The Abbey, near the entrance|
|Location||Rift Crystal Cost|
|Bitterblack Isle Harbor||undamaged|
|Ward of Regret||3,500|
|The Warriors' Respite||5,000|
|Corridor of Emptiness||5,000|
|Fortress of Remembrance||15,000|
|Corridor of the Hallowed||10,000|
|The Arisen's Refuge||25,000|
|Sparyard of Scant Mercy||25,000|
|The Fallen City||35,000|
There are a total of ten Rift Stones in Bitterblack Isle. Of these, nine are broken and must be repaired prior to use, necessitating a payment of Rift Crystals. As the player travels deeper into Bitterblack Isle, the repair costs become more expensive.
- Time in the Rift and the rest of the world are not connected, so no matter how much time is spent in the Rift, the outside world will remain unchanged.
- Entering and exiting the rift through a rift stone will sometimes cause minor changes in the world, such as creatures reappearing.
- When an Arisen's Main Pawn dies and returns to the rift, touching a Rift Stone will revive and retrieve it.
- Standing next to a Rift Stone will fully heal the Arisen's pawns and restore stamina. Entering a Rift Stone will clear all debilitations from the party.
- There is a special Rift Stone that appears in Starfall Bay during New Game Plus, which will transport the Arisen and their party directly to the Chamber of Lament in The Everfall where the Ur-Dragon awaits those brave enough to face it.
- Rift Stones can gradually decay, as the From A Different Sky questline states on the Badge of Vows the Arisen collects: "Rift Stones eroded by time".
- Once a broken Rift Stone is repaired, the Arisen will not have to do so again upon subsequent visits, even in New Game Plus.
- Repairing a broken Rift Stone creates an autosave point which can be returned to by choosing to Retry upon death or by loading your game after choosing to quit without saving.
- Rift Stones can also be used to establish a checkpoint save for the player to return to.