Riftstone is an environmental object found in Dragon's Dogma.
- "'Tis a riftstone, a stone etched with strange markings. It may be used to summon pawns from beyond."
Riftstones are portals scattered all across Gransys and Bitterblack Isle that only the Arisen can use to access the pawn network known as The Rift. The Riftstone within the Rift allows the Arisen to refine their search for Hired Pawns.
The Arisen's first significant interaction with a Riftstone forms part of the quest Call of the Arisen.
|Cassardis||Near the gate, next to the Barn|
|The Encampment||In the Command Headquarters tent|
|The Mountain Waycastle||At the southern gate, next to the soldiers and tents|
|Gran Soren||Located within the Pawn Guild|
|Deos Hills||Outside of the main Catacombs entrance|
|Bluemoon Tower||Outside of the Tower, on Cutlass Cape|
|Greatwall Encampment||Next to the main gate to The Greatwall|
|Rest Camp||In Devilfire Grove|
|Travelers' Rest||In Northface Forest|
|The Abbey||Outside the Abbey, near the entrance|
|Location||Rift Crystal Cost|
|Bitterblack Isle Harbor||undamaged|
|Ward of Regret||3,500|
|The Warriors' Respite||5,000|
|Corridor of Emptiness||5,000|
|Fortress of Remembrance||15,000|
|Corridor of the Hallowed||10,000|
|The Arisen's Refuge||25,000|
|Sparyard of Scant Mercy||25,000|
|The Fallen City||35,000|
There are a total of ten Riftstone in Bitterblack Isle. Nine of these are broken and must be repaired before they can be used, necessitating a payment of Rift Crystals. As the player travels deeper into Bitterblack Isle, the repair costs become more expensive.
- Time in the Rift and the rest of the world are not connected, so no matter how much time is spent in the Rift, the outside world will remain unchanged.
- Entering and exiting the Rift through a Riftstone will sometimes cause minor changes in the world, such as creatures reappearing.
- When an Arisen's Main Pawn dies and returns to the Rift, touching a Riftstone will revive and retrieve them. Items in the Main Pawn's inventory remain there during their off-time.
- Standing next to a Riftstone will fully heal the Arisen's pawns and restore stamina. Entering a Riftstone will clear all Debilitations from the party.
- A special Riftstone appears at Starfall Bay during New Game Plus. It will transport the Arisen and their party directly to the Chamber of Lament in The Everfall where the Ur-Dragon can be found and fought.
- Once a broken Riftstone is repaired, the Arisen will not have to do so again upon subsequent visits, even in New Game Plus.
- Repairing a broken Riftstone creates an autosave point which can be returned to by choosing Retry upon death or by reloading the game after choosing to quit without saving.
- Entering a Riftstone creates a 'Checkpoint Save' for the player to return to ("Retry from Last Checkpoint").
- Riftstones can gradually decay, as the From A Different Sky questline states:
- "The riftstones you see are not eternal. As Arisen and the pawns that use them, age after age, time takes its toll... the slabs crumble, their otherworldly light solidifying into small medallions. One could call them proof of the pledge between Arisen and his pawns... Arisen. Touch this proof and rededicate yourself to the bond."