- "A magickal shield that has rusted through years of disuse."
The utility of the Rusted Magick Shield is greatly reduced by its very poor blocking ability, generally resulting in stagger on the lightest of attacks, such as a club wielding Goblin. The augment Periphery improves the shield's blocking ability, but not significantly, as it is still unable to block the attacks of foes such as Hobgoblins or stronger.
The poor blocking ability means that the Mystic Knight Shield Counters will often fail, as a Perfect Block is foiled due to the Mystic Knight being staggered back from all but the lightest attacks. However, if enchanted in combination with the core skill Reflect, it may cause debilitations, e.g., with Flame Riposte an enemy is set on fire, even with a broken block.
However, if a perfect block can be carried out with the shield already charged with an elemental riposte, the riposte attack may inflict poison and/or torpor together with the elemental damage from the riposte's primary element.
| 0|| 1|| 2|| 3|
|N/A||220 G|| 30,020 G|
Ancient Scroll x3
| 88,140 G|
| Click here for|
| 7,100 RC|
Bone Crest x2
| 11,100 RC|
Cursed Dragon Scale x2
Sold by Reynard, otherwise rare, but may be gathered at Weapon/Armor Piles - such as in the Soulflayer Canyon, along the path to The Tainted Mountain Temple, and at night near the river above the Nameless Falls.
Enhancement Item Locations
- Ancient Scroll
- Bone Crest
- Cursed Dragon Scale
- Dropped by Cursed Dragons.
- Spells such as Holy Wall and Holy Aid do not cause debilitation even from a damage causing perfect block.
- The spell Holy Furor can inflict poison and torpor debilations when cast with this shield.
- Weapons enchanted using this shield and spells such as Flame Trance do not gain the ability to inflict the shield's poison or torpor debilitations.
- When an upgraded Rusted Magick Shield is used to enchant a weapon with a skill such as Abyssal Anguish or Dark Anguish the enchanted weapon receives the ability to inflict poison or torpor.
- Given the demonstrably poor blocking ability of the Rusted Magick Shield, and the Mystic Knight's lack a shield strike skill, the Rusted Sword or Rusted Mace are a better choice for Mystic Knights trying to debilitate enemies with Torpor.
- The higher the Rusted Magick Shield is enhanced, the higher the chance it will inflict both Torpor and Poison with each block from enemies vulnerable to these debilitations.