- "A magickal shield that has rusted through years of disuse."
Like all Rusted Weapons the Rusted Magick Shield can inflict poison once upgraded to a two star version, and torpor once upgraded to three stars or beyond. The utility of the Rusted Magick Shield is greatly reduced by its very poor blocking ability, generally resulting in stagger on the lightest of attacks, such as a club wielding goblin. The augment Periphery improves the shield's blocking ability, but not significantly, as it is still unable to block the attacks of foes such as hobgoblins or stronger.
The poor blocking ability means that the Mystic Knight Shield Counters will often fail, as a Perfect Block is foiled due to the Mystic Knight being staggered back from all but the lightest attacks. However if enchanted in combination with the core skill reflect it may cause debilitations, e.g., with Flame Riposte an enemy is set on fire, even with a broken block.
However, if a perfect block can be carried out with the shield already charged with an elemental riposte, the riposte attack may inflict poison and/or torpor together with the elemental damage from the riposte's primary element.
| 0|| 1|| 2|| 3|
|N/A||220 G|| 30,020 G|
Ancient Scroll x3
| 88,140 G|
| Click here for|
| 7,100 RC|
Bone Crest x2
| 11,100 RC|
Cursed Dragon Scale x2
Enhancement Item Locations
- Ancient Scroll
- Found at gather spots in piles of books, located in places such as Hillfigure Knoll and various buildings in Gran Soren, including the Duke's Demesne, Pawn Guild and Madeleine's Shop.
- May be dropped by a Skeleton Sorcerer. They can be found towards the east side of the Barta Crags at night.
- Dropped by a Bandit.
- Dropped by a Giant Undead.
- Sold by Reynard.
- Can be stolen from Giant Undead using Master Thief.
- Can be stolen from Oxen using Master Thief.
- Can be stolen from Wandering Pawns using Master Thief.
- Bone Crest
- Cursed Dragon Scale
- Spells such as Holy Wall and Holy Aid do not cause debilitation even from a damage causing perfect block.
- The spell Holy Furor can inflict poison and torpor debilations when cast with this shield.
- Weapons enchanted using this shield and spells such as Flame Trance do not gain the ability to inflict the shield's poison or torpor debilitations.
- Given the demonstrably poor blocking ability of the Rusted Magic Shield, and the Mystic Knight's lack a shield strike skill the Rusted Sword or Rusted Mace are a better choice for Mystic Knights trying to debilitate enemies with Torpor.
- The higher the Rusted Magic Shield is enhanced, the higher the chance it will inflict both Torpor and Poison with each block from enemies vulnerable to these debilitations.
- When an upgraded rusted magick shield is used to enchant a weapon with a skill such as Abyssal Anguish or Dark Anguish the enchanted weapon receives the ability to inflict poison or torpor.