- Note - this article describes common (green) Saurians, for other types see Saurians
The common Saurian is the least dangerous of the Saurians, but still a potent foe. Generally green or greenish, they generally inhabit watery areas, either ponds or riverbanks, but are also found in sheltered woods. Common Saurians sometimes cloak themselves, making them nearly invisible, but not as regularly as their cousins, the Sulfur Saurian.
| Base Experience of 410
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Information from : Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' , and from in-game testing..|
|Spear Slash||Phys||Slashes its spear at a target in front of it.|
|Tail Whip||Phys||Whacks targets attacking its tail. Causes knock back.|
|Spit||Mag/Status||Spits a glob of poison at a target. May cause Poison.|
|Jumping Attack||Phys||Jumps at a target out of the water and lands on them.|
|Jumping Spear||Phys||Leaps at a target and stabs them with the spear. Knocks the target away and down.|
|Spear Toss||Phys||Tosses its spear at the target as a last resort. Afterwards, the Saurian will flee.|
|Hit and Run Bite||Phys||When its tail is removed it will slither up to a target and bite them in the legs and then run away.|
|Invisibility||Spec||Saurians are able to turn themselves near invisible for ambush attacks or regular attacks.|
|Guard||Spec||Holds up its spear in a defensive stance and blocks all frontal and side attacks. However, the tail is not protected, and the guard may be broken by strong attacks.|
|Counter Attack||Phys||If its defensive guard is not broken when attacking, it will retaliate with a spear attack that knocks enemies down.|
During the quest Deeper Trouble, a larger than normal Saurian is encountered - the regular Saurians appear to look up to this large Saurian as their leader, and since it dwells in a cave full of Saurian eggs, it may be that this is Saurian "queen" or "king".
- Weak to ice in all its forms.
- Inflicting burning interrupts their attacks, causing them to roll around on the ground, trying to extinguish the flames.
- Aiming for the tail and removing it weakens the Saurian's will to fight, causes them to drop their weapons, and severely reduces their defense, making it easier to kill them. It also disables their invisibility.
- Easily torpored, and cursed.
- Common Saurians (such as those found at the Watergod's Altar) will cling to walls, and assume an invisibility cloak, waiting in ambush - listen for their tell-tale growling and look for a faint shape on the wall so that a first-strike can be made, or defensive measures can be taken.
- Submerged Saurians cannot be auto-targeted with magick and magick bows, and need to be closed in to lure them out. However, you can always manually aim at them.
- Saurian Strategy Vol. 1 - Sever the tail to weaken the beast.
- Weak against Ice.
- Set on fire to witness them roll-over
- Freezing and shattering
- Let each Saurian type spit on the Arisen, as they all inflict different effects.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 300 Saurians either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- It would appear that to get 3-star Pawn Bestiary knowledge on the majority of the Saurian types, kills on each type of the base Saurian family are necessary; that is Saurian, Giant Saurian and Giant Saurian Sage.
- It may also be possible that simply Silencing a Giant Saurian Sage by itself will give the third star.
- The name "Saurian" is taken from "Sauria" which is a scientific term for a clade of reptiles.
- Most Lizardmen in other mythologies are highly intelligent and are capable of wielding human weapons and armor. Some are even capable of speech, but Dragon's Dogma's lizardmen are more primitive and behave like cavemen.
- The way a Saurian's tail will simply pop off after sustaining enough damage is very similar to many species of lizards that use autotomy. It could also imply that, like these lizards, the tails could grow back.
- Saurian www.dragonsdogma.com