Saurian Sages are white Saurians with the ability to cast magic both to heal themselves and any Saurian allies, as well as being able to cast magic attacks.
They carry a spear used for both casting magic as well as physical attacks.They are fond of the cloak and counter tactics Sulfur Saurians employ, often using their white skin to camouflage themselves into the terrain around them., and like all Saurians will rest attached to walls, dropping from above in ambush if approached.
Additionally, Saurian Sages are considerably more durable than their brethren, even when casting spells they have great resistance to stagger.
Their spit attack drenches an opponent, extinguishes lanterns and increases the damage taken from their subsequent spells.
|Spear Slash||Phys||Slashes its spear at a target in front of it.|
|Tail Whip||Phys||Whacks targets attacking its tail. Causes knock back.|
|Spit||Mag/Status||Spits a blob of saliva at a target. Causes instant drenching.|
|Jumping Attack||Phys||Jumps at a target out of the water and lands on them.|
|Jumping Spear||Phys||Leaps at a target and stabs them with the spear. Knocks the target away and down.|
|Hit and Run Bite||Phys||When its tail is removed it will slither up to a target, bite them in the legs and then run away.|
|Cloak||Spec||Saurian Sages are able to cloak for ambush attacks or regular attacks and are always cloaked when on the ground. They will however lift the cloak to cast spells.|
|Guard||Spec||Holds up its spear in a defensive stance that blocks all frontal and side attacks. The Tail is not protected if flanked, and its guard may be broken by strong attacks.|
|Counter Attack||Phys||If ts guard is not broken when attacking, it will retaliate with a spear attack that knocks you down.|
|Guard Break||Phys||The Saurian does a strong kick that breaks targets' guards and knocks targets down once hit.|
|Anodyne||Mag/Spec||Heals itself with this spell. Can also heal other enemies present.|
|Spellscreen||Mag/Spec||Casts a spell that increases the defenses of the Saurian and other enemies within its spell's range.|
|High Levin||Mag/Status||Casts 3 lightning bolts at the party, stunning whomever it hits. Often follows drenching a character with spit with this spell for increased damage.|
- Like all Saurians, cutting off the tail will dramatically reduce its Defense and the offenses its AI selects.
- Strong against Holy enchanted weapons and spells.
- Weak against Dark enchanted weapons such as the Kunai daggers, and Dark elemental spells like High Maelstrom and High Grapnel.
- Vulnerable to Silence. Use Golden weapons to inflict Silence on spellcasters and render them impotent. The higher the enhancement of a Golden weapon, the higher chance it will inflict Silence with each strike.
- Vulnerable to Torpor and Poison. Use a Rusted weapon to inflict both debilitations simultaneously. The higher the enhancement of a Rusted weapon, the higher chance it will debilitate with each strike.
- Unlike other Saurians, they rarely flee after the tail is cut off.
- Saurian Strategy Vol. 2 Susceptible to Silence.
- Weak to Dark (Pawn quote : Darkness works well.)
- May be necessary to slay the Saurian Sage who casts Anodyne on its allies first (Pawn quote: Slay the healer first, heard in Bitterblack Isle encountered post-Daimon)
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 100 Saurian Sages either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- The Everfall (Post-Dragon) in the Chamber of Hesitation (x 10, re-spawn in 2 days)
- The Everfall (Post-Dragon) in the Chamber of Resolution (with Geo Saurians and a Cockatrice)
- 4 in The Black Abbey (Post-Daimon) with a Frostwyrm.
With one or more of the three different types of Dragonkin Tear(s):