Reynard is looking for rare items from all over the world. Bring him the requested items to gain his trust.
- Note Completion of this quest removes Reynard from the game (until New Game Plus).
Make ten separate purchases from Reynard to initiate the quest. Once Reynard recognises the Arisen as a familiar customer, he will offer the quest and claim he needs a piece of Scrap Iron. Bring him such an item to progress the quest.
Afterwards, make an additional five purchases from him. He should now ask for a Miasmite; fetch this.
Next, make ten more purchases - Reynard will reveal he is actually looking for signs of his missing father, and that the earlier requests were just tests to see if he could trust the Arisen with his burden. There are six journal entries scattered throughout Gransys - retrieve all of them for Reynard's gratitude.
There are six journal entries to find :
- First Journal Entry, in a chest behind a tent in The Encampment.
- Second Journal Entry, in a chest in the second level underground of The Catacombs (qv)
- Third Journal Entry, in a chest in the Venery in Gran Soren, only accessible from the rooftops. Climb up to the roof of The Black Cat and look for a tiny alley just northwest, only reachable with a ladder.
- Fourth Journal Entry: In a chest in the camp near the Miasmic Haunt in Barta Crags (qv)
- Fifth Journal Entry, in a chest in Soulflayer Canyon (qv)
- Final Journal Entry, in a chest in The Ancient Quarry (qv)
As a travelling merchant Reynard appears in several locations, staying at each for only a short period of time. these are :
- Gran Soren - either around Fountain Square or in the Union Inn.
- Greatwall Encampment, standing next to the Riftstone.
- Rest Camp next to Lake Hardship.
- Encampment early in the game.
- Cassardis close to the town gate.
His current location can be tracked by a quest marker on the map if the Arisen has the required items in their inventory.
- The ten purchases required at the beginning of the quest require one to close the interaction screen with Reynard after buying one item each time, then talk to him again. Buying ten items in one purchase, or making ten purchases in one visit, will not activate the quest.
- The items Reynard seeks initially are:
- In New Game Plus, items for the quest, including journal pages, can be withdrawn from storage if present rather than found. All journal entries are forgeable at The Black Cat.
- If Reynard is the Arisen's Beloved, Search Party will be cancelled upon completion of Deny Salvation.
- If Reynard is not the Arisen's Beloved, Search Party will be cancelled upon completion of The Final Battle.
- Search Party can not be initiated during Trial and Tribulations due to Reynard's special inventory and dialogue during this quest. Once completed, that restriction is no longer in effect.
- (Glitch) ps3, xbox360 In Dragon's Dogma if the quest is immediately completed by taking all quest items and pages from storage as soon as Call of the Arisen is completed the cutscene plays and Reynard leaves, but is back again after a short while, ready to trade.