- "A guard stationed at Gran Soren's Craftsman's Quarter gate who is well-versed in the terrain of the Gransys Peninsula."
Often found at the gate leading out from the Craftsman's Quarter to the wider world.
During the quest Honor and Treachery - if spoken to before entering the city he will give some background information on the Cockatrice. He will also give you a Potent Greenwarish and a Secret Softener.
- A Parting Tribute (escort quest)
- If you skip to Gran Soren using a Ferrystone during the quest Honor and Treachery you will not see Ser Laurent until the quest is completed and he comments on the outcome of the battle.
Ser Laurent may give valuable clues and directions:
- "This is the city's west gate, opening on the Gransys Lea."
- "Further west across the flatlands you'll come to the hills, and crags beyond them."
- "Used to be, a man was safe from beasts and other evil till at least beyond those hills. Now the dragon's come, monsters lurk all across the lea."
- "There's a road cuts the lea in twain, running north to south. Walk it north, and there's a hill to the right bears a drawing of a man with a scarred chest."
- "Hillfigure Knoll, they call it. It's so overrun with beasts of late, most men don't go near it."
- "There is one man, though, sits right on the hill's crown. A hermit of sorts, or a madman, else... Word is, he actually lives there."
- "Beyond this gate's the Gransys Lea. No doubt you're well familiar."
- "Might be you've seen Hillfigure Knoll as well, north along the road. But have you been as far as the duke's manse, past the hill and around the gulf?"
- "It's a sister hall to the castle here in Gran Soren, built to house guests from the north."
- "Eastward past the manse, at the cape's point, there's a tower. For all its size and grandeur, there's not a man knows when it was built, or why. These days, it is nest to every manner of beast and demon. Keep your distance, traveler."