- "An advanced form of Threefold Bolt that fires still more arrows."
An upgrade to Threefold Bolt that shoots six ice based magickal arrows that will home onto one foe. In Dark Arisen, it may be upgraded to Ninefold Bolt with the relevant Magick Bowman's Ring or Magick Bowman's Band equipped.
Tactics, usage, and notes
- A blue-ish sigil appears over the target of the spell whilst aiming.
- A single foe can be targeted with these ice based bolt skills - the three skills 'threefold', 'sixfold', and 'ninefold' bolt produce three, six, and nine damaging magick bolts that home in and damage a single target - an additional middle bolt serves as a homing beacon, but its damage is insignificant.
- Can inflict the Frozen status on enemies.
- Homing arrows can reach distances far beyond that for which the sigil appears.
- The range is extended by trajectory.
- For the multiple bolts to strike a foe the center bolt must be on target - if out of sigil range then aiming accurately and manually can be used to target a foe.
- Damage from the bolt is entirely magickal and thus useless against golems.
- Offensive output is high, and the skill is probably the most powerful single target general offensive bow spell (excluding Sacrificial Bolt) available to the magick archer, as long as targets lack ice resistance
- Homing arrows can be intercepted by other enemies or body parts.
- Additionally bolts may strike other foes if the initially targeted creature died before all struck. The bolts will not target other creatures and will only strike if their and a creature's paths happen to coincide.
- This behavior may make homing bolts hit unintended targets (such as a Drake's body) rather than the desired target (such as Drake's Heart).
- Because of the above behaviour the easiest way to hit a Drake's heart with all bolts is to fire at very close range.
- Probably one of the easiest and fastest way to kill Living Armor.
- Especially effective against enemies vulnerable to Ice, such as Saurians, Hellhounds, Drakes and Firedrakes.