Skeleton Key is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
"A special key that can unlock any cell door, including those in the dungeons beneath Gran Soren."
"Operates a device."
- Unlocks specific cell doors, namely those within the Gran Soren Castle Dungeon and those in Smugglers' Pass.
- Some cell doors in Bitterblack Isle also require Skeleton Keys to be unlocked.
- Disappears from inventory on use.
- Sold by Montebank at The Black Cat in Gran Soren.
- 100% loot chance in a chest within the Duke's Castle Dungeon, located behind some boxes near to where the guard stands.
- 100% loot chance in a chest in Gran Soren, located at the top of the transition stairway between the Noble Quarter and Craftsman's Quarter. It must be jumped to in order to reach it.
- Arousing Suspicion - Skeleton Key is required to escape prison.
- An Innocent Man - Skeleton Key required to free Ansell from prison.
3 Star Enhancement
- 3x for 3 Star Enhancement of Set of Prisoner's Rags.
- The forged Skeleton Key operates as the 'pure' one, though its much better to search for Shackle, etc to craft it.
|Shackle||+||Hunk of Ore||=||Skeleton Key|
|Shackle||+||Scrap Iron||=||Skeleton Key|
|Shackle||+||Unremarkable Ore||=||Skeleton Key|
- A skeleton key (also known as a passkey) is a type of master key in which the serrated edge has been filed down so that it can open numerous locks, most commonly the warded lock. (Source: Wikipedia: Skeleton Key.)
- All of Skeleton Key 'crafting recipes' are involved with Shackle.
- Almost all of the items needed to craft a Skeleton Key is based on metal, ore, and wood.