Skeleton Lords are dangerous undead warriors that were Mystic Knights in life. They wield Magick Shields similar to Knight's Honor but roughly one sixth smaller in conjunction with a unique broadsword with a pattern welded blade similar to Undulant Sword, and wear an armor with elements similar to the Chimeric Armor and Meloirean Armor, with a cape similar to a longer version of the Paladin's Mantle - all armor items are darker or more worn or blackened than those carried by humans and pawns.
Different Lords will wear different armors, including hornless versions of the armet, and different chest armors.
| Base Experience of 1,400
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
|Unholy Wall||Mag/Spec||The Skeleton Lord focuses dark power to form a broad magickal shield in front of it that blocks all frontal attacks and some side attacks. Prevents its guard from ever breaking. Much like Holy Wall.|
|Shield Storm||Phys||A very quick, very powerful bash with the shield, almost always causing Stagger or Knockdown. Only used if multiple hits are blocked.|
|Burst Strike||Phys||Charges quickly at a target and impales them on its sword/mace. Used as an opening ambush attack, as well as to close distance.|
|Broad Slash||Phys||Cuts a broad swath with the blade while falling back to avoid attacks.|
|Antler Toss||Phys||Blade uppercut that will propel lightweight enemies off the ground.|
|Full Moon Slash||Phys||Spins with blade extended, drawing a deadly circle just like the Fighter Skill. Only done if the foe received multiple hits on the back or sides.|
- Weak to blunt weapons and attacks.
- Weak to Holy based magick.
- Weak to Throwblasts.
- While their Unholy Wall is active, they are impervious to frontal attacks - attempt to flank.
- Watch out for their powerful Shield Storm skill they'll often use after blocking two frontal attacks.
- Vulnerable once knocked down.
- Ruinous Sigil is effective in this respect, and the Skeleton Lords do not seem to detect its threat or purpose.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Attack from behind when Unholy Wall is up
- Grappling may be required (verify)
- May be necessary for the pawn to observe the Skeleton Knight performing each of its attacks (verify)
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Skeleton Lords either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
"A skeleton lord, Master, there!"
"There, Master! Skeleton lords!"
"Bones... Walking bones!"
- The post-Dragon Skeleton Lords that appear in Moonsbit Pass appear every day.
- (BUG) ps3, xbox360 In Dark Arisen the Skeleton Lords found in the Mountain Cottage sometimes disappear if the battle is taken anywhere outside of the cottage. They will immediately reset to their spawn location and rise when approached.
- Doesn't occur on PS4