Slashing Damage is a Stat that represents a type of physical damage - generally inflicted by Swords, Daggers, and Longswords. Armor can give resistance to slashing damage - in game this is called Piercing Resistance (also known as Slashing Resistance). Both are expressed as percentages.
Slashing damage is generally damage done by sharp edged or pointy weapons.
All the weapons in Dragon's Dogma are classed as either 100% slashing or 100% bludgeoning. When physical slashing damage is calculated, the actual damage (to Health) is reduced by the piercing resistance - thus an armor with 25% resistance reduces damage by 25%.
Human resistances come entirely from clothing and armor; with no clothing and armor, the Piercing resistance is zero.
The armor with the highest resistance is the Steel Armor Set with 46% resistance - if worn with the Silver Chainmail Set, an additional 16% resistance is added - a total of 62%. The poorest resistance is probably the Grisly Armor Set with negative resistance overall of -8%. Generally piercing resistances increase as an armor is enhanced, dragonforged, and rarified.
- For a list, see List of Creature Elemental and Melee Resistances
- ↑ It is not clear why no mixed slashing and bludgeoning weapons have been coded - there are many weapons that have both blunt and sharp elements, e.g. the Steel Urchin.
- Note For creatures, the resistances in this wiki are expressed in the opposite sense - as a literal percentage of the piercing damage - thus a value of 80% means that 80% of the theoretical maximum damage is done - equivalent to a resistance of 20%.
- For foe slash resistance or weakness see the individual enemy articles.
- A weapon's slash power is expressed as Slashing Power in the game.
- Slashing Damage can be interpreted as the weapon's ability to slice or cut through the flesh and/or bones of its victim.
- Both the Set of Queen's Clothing, and Set of Duke's Clothing have very good piercing and blunt resistance.