The Snow Harpy is a variant of the common Harpy, similar in most respects except it is found in colder norther climes, and posseses a freezing breath that may freeze prey or threats. They can be distinguished from regular harpies by their white wings.
The Pawn Bestiary Knowledge for Snow harpies is the same as learnt for the common harpy. Additionally 300 of the species needs to be slain for complete knowledge.
|Dive Attack||Phys||Quickly dives at a target and slashes them with its talons.|
|Grab||Spec||Grabs a target and attempts to fly off with it, and then drops the target at death-causing heights. Wiggle the L-stick to free yourself before this happens.|
|Sing||Status||Starts singing with a sleep-inducing voice, other Harpies often join in to make this process faster. Causes Sleep.|
|Frost Breath||Mag/Status||Breathes short range ice breath at a target which can cause Frozen Solid status.|
|Knock Off||Phys/Spec||After the Arisen grabs onto a flying Harpy, eventually it will decide it has had enough and knock you off, dropping you from a height for typically fatal damage on impact.|
|Health||Attack||Defense||Magick Attack||Magick Defense||Weight|
- Main article Harpy
- Any fire based skill, item spell or weapon will be useful if it can be used against a Snow harpy.
- All shortbow and longbow users: Equipping Oil Arrows and then using a Fire buff will set these arrows on fire, effective against Snow Harpies; this is the poor Arisen's Blast Arrow, which are even more effective.
- For magic archers - the striking power of an Explosive Bolt is strong enough to down a snow harpy, even without exploding the charge.
- If a pawn gets Frozen solid by a Snow Harpy's breath, the Arisen should simply grab them and put them back down to unfreeze them.
- An Airborne Plague (slay 8 Snow Harpies)
Enemy specific :
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 300 Snow Harpies either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- This is the third enemy encountered in the prologue.