Trained soldiers found in Gransys. They are stationed at various locations around Gran Soren and other controlled areas. They are most notable for throwing the player in jail as soon as they see a crime committed. They all are of the Fighter class and can use similar skills to those that the Bandits use, as well as having better blocking skills. The soldiers found outside of Gran Soren will only attack if you attack first.
|The only time the Soldiers are permamently aggressive to you is when:
After you beat the Dragon and return to Gran Soren, where the Duke brands you a traitor and calls all of the guard to attack you. They respawn infintely and do a lot of damage. This also prevent you from entering the Castle or the Noble's Quarters as they will attack on sight, however everywhere else they won't be aggressive. If spotted the only way to stop them spawning is to jump into the Everfall or exit town.
- Block an attack with a shield (may be needed to be performed by the Arisen)
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 800 Soldiers either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
Soldiers falls under the Enemy Person category from the Pawn Bestiary Knowledge.
- They are noted for having some of the lowest exp rates for strength of the enemy, giving only a measly 150-250 exp per kill despite being as strong as if not stronger than some Bandit Fighters.
- They can however be used in an exploit, where they can't climb the battlement walls and can be farmed for DP and vocation exp.
- They will only attack the Arisen and NOT the Pawns.
- Pawns will refer to them as "armed rogues" when they chase after the Arisen.