Specters are dangerous black versions of Phantoms feared by all Pawns for their deadly possession attack, which doesn't turn a Pawn against the Arisen but kills them for good. These replace most normal Phantoms during Post-Game. They have more HP but are still highly vunerable to Holy attacks and Magick attacks.
- Found around Healing Spring in Verda Woodlands after stage 4 (take ~3 days to respawn).
- Found in The Blighted Manse on completion of the Quest Duchess In Distress.
- Also encountered in many locations across Gransys in Post-Game, including at The Bluemoon Tower, Verda Woodlands (near the healing spring), and in the Everfall. The respawn time for them seems to be around 5-7 days.
- One can be found in the Catacombs when doing A Parting Gift. It appears on the second level of the underground in the large, open area (near the trapdoor entrance where Quina is waiting).
- Found in Chamber of Tragedy and Chamber of Estrangement inside Everfall.
- Bitterblack Isle at the following locations
- Immune to all debilitations.
- Vulnerable to magic attacks.
- Weak against Holy magic, including Holy Based Weapons, many Holy Based Skills and holy weapon enchanment.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks when they possess allies.
- Physically attacking them often results in their disappearance and becoming temporarily intangible. They will reappear after a few seconds in the exact spot they were struck.
- Melee attacks are ineffective - unenchanted weapons may inflict a very small amount of damage, less than 10hp
- When adventuring solo a ghost's possession attack may sometimes be broken physically by throwing an item whilst possessed.
- Use of Throwblasts in this fashion easily defeats the specter
- Having a Specter passing through a Pawn or the Arisen grants a temporary boost in Strength.
Enemy specific :
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Specters either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.