The possession attack takes two forms - like other ghosts a Specter initiates possession by clinging onto a victims head - the usual form of possession may drain health, and if a pawns health is reduced to zero it will be returned to the rift with no opportunity to revive.
A second form is known - the Specter clings on as before but then leaves the host after a short while - sometimes this attack will be successful in taking control of the pawn and causing it to turn sides and target the Arisen. As with Dragonkin possession such a possessed pawn must be defeated or cured. However if day breaks the pawn will be released from the specter's hold and its health reduced to zero - in such a state the pawn can be then revived and becomes an ally once more.
| Base Experience of 900
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Information from : Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' , and from in-game testing..|
- § Except when possessing a victim
- Immune to all debilitations.
- Vulnerable to magic attacks.
- Weak against Holy magic and weapons.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks when they possess allies.
- Physically attacking them often results in their disappearance and becoming temporarily intangible. They will reappear after a few seconds in the exact spot they were struck.
- Melee attacks are ineffective - unenchanted weapons may inflict a very small amount of damage, less than 10hp
- When adventuring solo a ghost's possession attack may sometimes be broken physically by throwing an item whilst possessed.
- Use of Throwblasts in this fashion easily defeats the specter
- Having a Specter passing through a Pawn or the Arisen grants a temporary boost in Strength.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
Enemy specific :
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Specters either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.