Specters are dangerous dark cyan colored Ghosts feared by all Pawns for their deadly possession attack. They have relatively high health and strong magick resistance, but they are still vulnerable to Holy magick. They are invulnerable to physical attacks, except when they're clinging to a target.
The possession attack takes two forms - like other ghosts a Specter initiates possession by clinging onto a victims head - the usual form of possession may drain health, and if a pawns health is reduced to zero, it will be returned to the rift with no opportunity to revive.(verify)
A second form is known - the Specter clings on as before but then leaves the host after a short while - sometimes this attack will be successful in taking control of the pawn and causing it to turn sides and target the Arisen. As with Dragonkin possession such a possessed pawn must be defeated or cured. However if day breaks, the pawn will be released from the Specter's hold and its health reduced to zero - in such a state the pawn can be then revived and becomes an ally once more.
| Base Experience of 900
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
- § Except when possessing a victim
|Possession||Spec||Clings onto the Arisen or a pawn and attempts to possess them. After several seconds if not dislodged the Specter will depart - if the pawn lacked possession resistance it will certainly be possessed.|
|Floating Charge||Spec||Rushes through a target. Likely to cause stagger as well as causing the Status Effect Strength Raised.|
|Disperse||Spec||The Specter disperses briefly, with a small discharge that may stagger or cause Strength Raised.|
- Immune to all debilitations.
- Vulnerable to magick attacks, and all holy based attacks.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks when they possess a target.
- Physically attacking them often results in their disappearance and becoming temporarily intangible. They will reappear after a few seconds in the exact spot they were struck.
- Melee attacks are ineffective - unenchanted weapons may inflict a very small amount of damage, less than 10hp
- When adventuring solo, a ghost's possession attack may sometimes be broken physically by throwing an item whilst possessed. Use of Throwblasts in this fashion easily defeats the Specter.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
Enemy specific :
The scroll Ghost Tactics Vol. 1 will grant knowledge for this enemy.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Specters either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.