Between these two points, much of what the player is able to do, explore, purchase and complete remains largely static. Completion of this stage (and therefore moving into Stage 5) will lead to numerous changes taking place and new content becoming accessible.
- Progression through the Quest Witch Hunt will make a new area of the Witchwood accessible.
- Progression through the Quest Rise of the Fallen will make a new area of the Catacombs accessible.
- Completion of the Quests Idol Worship and Supplier's Demand may lead to Caxton's Armory and Madeleine's Shop receiving significant unique stock updates.
- Caxton's Armory, Madeleine's Shop, Reynard, Jayce, Alon, Mathias and Barroch all receive additional stock to what they sold in Stage 3.
Quests at Stage 4
That become available during Stage 4:
- The Conspirators
- Arousing Suspicion - after having talked with Aelinore before leaving the Duke's Demesne after having met with the Duke.
- Rise of the Fallen - following completion of Seeking Salvation.
- Idol Worship
- Supplier's Demand - following completion of Chasing Shadows.
- Witch Hunt - following completion of Lost and Found.
- The Dragon's Tongue - following completion of Witch Hunt.
- Mettle Against Metal - following completion of Witch Hunt.
- An Innocent Man
- Farewell, Valmiro - following completion of Dying of Curiosity.
- Supply and Demands
- Talent in Bloom - following completion of Lost and Found.
- A Parting Gift - following completion of Talent in Bloom.
- Nameless Terror - following completion of Seeking Salvation.
That must be completed before Stage 4 ends:
- Rise of the Fallen (something in Stage 5 cancels it)
- The Conspirators - completion of both Trial and Tribulations and Griffin's Bane will cancel.
Shopping at Stage 4
Items and Gear that typically become first available to buy at Stage 4:
- Tight Cinquedea
- Bloodthirsty Beak
- War Blade
- Mounted Pale
- Unspoken Grace
- Favored Branches
- Gran Soren Shield
- Knight's Honor