Strength is a primary Stat representing physical power. Strength is used when calculating damage from melee weapons, shortbows, and longbows. The ability to withstand attacks is represented by Defense.
Strength represents the physical damage the character inflicts - there are two sets of strength figures shown in game - the core strength - which is due only to the character's innate (naked) strength; and a cumulative figure - which includes bonuses from augments, special rings, and other equipment - most notably the strength of the weapon.
There are usually two cumulutative strengths - one each for the right and left hands - each takes only the addition of the weapon, bow, or shield equipped on that hand.
The augment strength boosts are multiplied - ie Vehemence (+10%) = 1.1x, Clout (+20%)= 1.2x, Eminence (+30% if jumping) 1.3x - this if all three are active the boost is over 1.7x (or +70%) - greater than the additive value - which would be only 60%. The multiplier is applied to both core and weapon strengths, as well as any ring or equipment boosts.
|Augment||Description||Unlocked by Vocation|
|Vehemence||Increases strength by 10%||Fighter|
|Clout||Increases strength by 20%||Warrior|
|Exhilaration||Increases strength by 50% (35% Dark Arisen) if health is critical||Fighter|
|Bloodlust||Increases strength by 70% (20% Dark Arisen) at nighttime||Assassin|
|Autonomy||Increases strength by 70% (20% Dark Arisen) if playing alone||Assassin|
|Ferocity||Increases strength by 10% when you perform a Core Skill||Warrior|
|Opportunism||Increases strength by 20% while clinging to an enemy||Secret Augments|
|Eminence||Increases strength by 30% when you are in the air during jump or fall||Strider|
Strength growth with level is highest, in order, by leveling as Assassin, Warrior, Fighter and Ranger, with Strider having average growth and all other vocations below average growth.
- For a list of worn equipment that increase strength, see Category:Strength Boosting Equipment
- Periapts, potions, and skills that cause the Invigoration of Strength Boosted increase physical attack power, but the effect is not shown in any menu.
- The effects of augment's such as Eminence are shown in totals in the menus - in the case of Eminence - total strength is increase by 30% (times 1.3) when the character is in the air. Pausing whilst jumping can be used to verify this.
- The weapon Iraklis multiplies or diminishes weapon and accessory strength, depending on whether its strikes inflict a 'critical hit' or not.
- Sometimes referred to as Attack ; and may be abbreviated to STR or ATT.
- For more details on the effect of Strength on damage, see Damage Calculation.