|Strength in Numbers|
| Have a picture of Strength in Numbers?|
Then please upload it!
5 Rift Crystals
Successfully complete Ser Berne's training.
- Follow Ser Berne's instructions and meet his challenges, deepening your influence over the pawns.
This quest is initiated immediately after completing Call of the Arisen, just after creating your main pawn. As you try to leave the tent, Ser Berne stops you and offers to train you to "fight as one." You're then automatically moved to the training area, where Ser Berne will give you 3 tests to complete.
First Task: Move the Cargo
- Form a party and work together to ferry the cargo within the time limit.
Second Task: Destroy the Scarecrows
- Form a party and work together to vanquish all the scarecrows within the time limit.
Third Task: Destroy More Scarecrows
- Form a party and work together to vanquish yet more scarecrows within the time limit.
- You completed the training regimen. Quest reward received.
Ser Berne wants to test your mettle. In order to complete this quest you must complete three objectives. It is easier to do so with a bigger party. If you have a party of three it is advisable to exit the training grounds and hire a fourth pawn. You may also replace Rook at this point if you wish to do so. Each task has a time limit. The limit is not indicated by a timer of any sort. If you reach the limit your pawns will let you know.
First Task: Move the CargoEdit
Your objective is to move all four crates scattered throughout the training grounds to an area located to right of the entrance. The target area is indicated on the ground with a hovering transparent ring. To complete this task the fastest note that your pawns will help you and that each will move to a predefined crate starting from front to back, leaving only one for you. It is advised to take one of the crates in the back on top of one of the wooden towers. Climb up on one of the towers, pick up the crate with the "Grab" command and then jump down. Move the crate to the indicated area and put it down.
Second Task: Destroy the ScarecrowsEdit
For your second task you must destroy the Scarecrows. They are scattered throughout the training grounds.
Third Task: Destroy More ScarecrowsEdit
The third task is similar to the second but differs in that some scarecrows are more resilient to a certain type of attack such as physical damage or magick damage. If you have a good variety of pawns (i.e. a mage and a strider) this should be no problem. Your pawns will know which scarecrow to attack. Assist them the best you are able, although having a strider Vocation yourself will make this quest easier as all of the higher located scarecrows will be downed with one arrow.
Upon completing the third task your quest is successful. You will be transported outside the grounds and you may now start the Notice Board Quests in the Encampment. The Notice Board can be found to the right of the training ground entrance.
- This quest is entirely optional. If you don't wish to do it, simply leave the training area.
- This is a one-time opportunity. If you refuse it, it will not be offered again,and the training area will remain inaccessible.
- Having a full group of 4 is not required, but it will obviously make each test much easier to complete within the time limit.
- For each test sequence, several of the targets (crates/scarecrows) are located on top of the wooden structures. Personally, I prefer to get these ones myself, as I noticed that I can generally climb the structures much faster than my pawns.
- All of the scarecrows in the third test can be destroyed with either physical or magic attacks, but it is much quicker to take them out with attacks that they are weak to. If you're not playing as a mage, make sure that you have at least one in your group.
- Having a ranged pawn is also very useful, as they can quickly take out the scarecrows on top of the structures without having to climb them.